View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: "thumb with ink"
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:51 pm 
born to perform.

I'm not sure what these devices are officially called, which is why I ask this question. I wanted to ask if anybody here on the forums are familiar with an item that allows you to secretly write a prediction with the ink on the tip of a "tt" .....

I would really like to find this product but I'm not at all sure what this is called, or where I can find it. if anybody is aware of what I'm talking about and knows if a type of item like this is available, please let me know.

thank you in advance =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:12 pm 
born to perform.

I believe this is called a boon writer (may also be called a swami gimmick). Here you go:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=5134

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:15 pm 
born to perform.

Here's a version with sharpie marker ink http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=853

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:30 pm 
Penguin

If wanting to make your own, I suggest picking up the book Paralies by Joshua Quinn...here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1928

It's also a great book filled with some great mentalism material, I was not disappointed.

Here's what I'm referring to:

Thwarpie

A practical, reliable Sharpie TT writer that you can make in about five minutes, using items you probably already have around the house (provided you're a magic geek who has a spare TT lying around).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:13 am 
born to perform.

the people in these forums are awesome, thank you guys so much. the magicians on the forums here really know their stuff and they are very helpful to me, I appreitiate it lots. I've been searching around for this gimmick for awhile, now it's as easy as one link away. thanks again guys

:)

-Connor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:36 am 
born to perform.

KingOfSpades07 wrote:
If wanting to make your own, I suggest picking up the book Paralies by Joshua Quinn...here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1928

It's also a great book filled with some great mentalism material, I was not disappointed.

Here's what I'm referring to:

Thwarpie

A practical, reliable Sharpie TT writer that you can make in about five minutes, using items you probably already have around the house (provided you're a magic geek who has a spare TT lying around).

Seconded. Paralies has some jaw dropping efects in it. They are pretty much all practical for stage and close up and some can even be done over the phone.
The Thwarpie is a great little tool and once you know how to make one you never have to worry about refills or anything like that again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:47 am 
Penguin

I actually constructed a Thwarpie and posted my process in the PO forum for Paralies. I would highly suggest the book and checking out my post when you do. It works amazingly and My first choice for performance.

If you are ok with Pencil Lead too, I highly suggest This. I also own this and use it daily.

Hope this helps,
-Chase