View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: On the spot
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:53 pm 
born to perform.

edit.

Last edited by arkham666 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:50 am 
born to perform.

Well I've had some views but no replies. I hope my posting a pointless thread on here while I was drunk hasn't affected peoples opinions of me. Anyway I'll put a bid out again for aid in a more civilised tone.

I'm basicly looking for some short snappy effects, (not methods i'll pay to get those) to use in impromptue situations where at best i'll have a bit of reciept paper and a pen. These effects don't have to be earth shattering but they do need to be direct. Of course I know about centre tears and switches and i know lots about cards so anything interesting would be great, especially stuff where it's the spectator doing the reading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:28 am 
born to perform.

I don't think you're post was pointless at all, just a hard question since mentalism often take time and preparation. if you have a pen and a paper, maybe have them write down one of the esp symbols while you don't look, if you've read 13 steps you know that you can instantly know what symbol they've written down.

I can think of a few ways to tie this into a psychology presentation.

Last edited by Lensman on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:00 am 
born to perform.

ahh yes step 2 I'd almost forgotten about that. Certainly that could tie into something I could show them later when I can get them to myself for ten minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:29 pm 
born to perform.

well good luck with it :D (I edited my post, I realised that it maybe was a little too revealing)

another Idea (but not 100 % success) is stigmata, have them think of a number between 1 and 10, then you instantly know it.
(in a psychology presentation, you can then count to 10 out loud while looking at their face to "read their body language)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:54 pm 
born to perform.

I'm liking this idea for a simple direct reveal of a drawn esp symbol. Now I've given it some thought and in my arsenal I have step 2 and also technique (which was an overall disappointing purchase but not an entirely bad concept.)
Anyway I was just wondering if anyone here has any ideas how to do something simple like a number reveal/esp symbol reveal that is sure fire and doesn't require you to handle the billets or paper.

So consider the circumstances again... everything is borrowed its not much more than a piece of recipet paper and a pen. Now I could use a swami but lets say I don't have one. Would it be possible to do a simple direct reveal of a thought of number or symbol without actually taking the billet from them?

Maybe a system of outs.... stand side on and glimpse the movement in peripheral, listen carefully for sounds, take the billet if not sure for a peek of some kind. Just trying to find a direct simple hard hitting reveal that won't take much set up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:25 pm 
born to perform.

If you wan't to reveal a written number, just pen read while they write, If you want to reveal a written esp symbol, listen, all explained in 13 steps. HOW you reveal it all depends on your character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:53 pm 
born to perform.

yeah yeah I got that lol. Sorry guess my post wasn't clear enough. I was just thinking more a fall back if I miss it. I just wanna avoid havng to take the paper for a entre tear or switch or anything else if at all possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:29 am 
born to perform.

oh, I see. hmm, I don't know, maybe have them write another one and try again, lol. But a small mistake here and there can be good for mentalism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:30 pm 
born to perform.

lol true. Well I'm sure I can just get one ahead somehow if I have a second spec around to force something with.