View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Kenton Knepper's Wonder Words
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:25 pm 
Penguin

So I have this set. I've had it for a few years now. I often go back and relisten. Sometimes I pick up some more stuff. Sometimes it's just relearning something.

Still though - I find myself torn on this set. Is it really worth all the hype?

I've talked to Sean Waters about it and he says to keep listening. It's amazing.

I've talked to other magicians as well as Kenton himself. And it's not always what you pick up on a conscious level.

Do you guys have any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Kenton Knepper's Wonder Words
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:16 pm 

I feel that, while Kenton may be right about the information, he's not right for the reasons he feels he is. I've found places where he gives an example of something, explains what it does, then explains why it works. In a few cases he was totally right up until that last point. Other than that, I think there is some great information on the set.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:43 pm 
Penguin

Can you explain what you mean?

Like I think I get it kinda - but an example would be nice. If you don't want to explain here - PM me. I can prove I have them.

I really feel torn - like I said before. I've found a lot of good information on the CD's. I'm not sure that the information I've gotten is worth the price of the 3 volume set that I paid for. And I wouldn't jump up and recommend them to somebody right away wanting to get into psychological mentalism or somebody wanting to learn suggestion.

A lot of other mentalist that I've talked to - when I ask them for advice on what to study next - they always push Wonder Words. I just don't understand.

Also Kenton's site - I emailed them (they are actually super helpful as is Kenton himself) - and this was the first thing they recommended along with a few other things. The other things were excellent recommendations for what I was asking btw.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:07 pm 

I can't remember specific examples, but he would mention that a certain word would draw attention to something because of a certain reason. He was right about it drawing the attention, but I think his reasoning was a little off. I feel that most of the information is spot on, but a few of his ideas don't feel right to me. They still work, but I don't think it's for the same reasons he says. Either way, it's a great set. He's released a lot of these tricks separately. Accidental Discovery, in particular, stands out to me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:01 am 
Penguin

Hey I find if you use Wonder Words and if you have Maximum Entertainment - Ken Weber then you will have a complete set for a stage or close up mentalist routine.

I listen to a volume of wonder words everyday in the background and it does help.

hope i have help just a bit

cheers

Dan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:00 pm 

That's cool. I haven't been able to just have it play, but it was supposed to be designed to play subliminally in your head.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:54 pm 
Penguin

Yeah - I do leave it on a lot. Even if I'm not paying attention to it.

I'll often drive with them on in my car. Or if I'm doing research for a paper - I like background noise - so it's either the TV or Wonder Words.

I've been doing that for years now. I'm sure it has affected certain aspects of my speech and performance and I just haven't noticed.

As for Ken Weber's Maximum Entertainment. I own it - and I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't read it yet.

Sometimes I buy a few things and really like one of them. So the other stuff doesn't get noticed and then I forget I even have it...

I'll have to check it out.

Along these same lines though is a book called Sleight of Mind. I forget the author's name (Ian Hurling maybe...). Great book for Psychological Mentalism and learning how to use suggestion to push people over the edge.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:39 am 
Penguin

I also used to buy books/tricks and never look at them again then my girlfriend warn me that she will throw them out cause they were still in the wrapper lol so lately I am reading all those books that i didn't read before and its be good for me so far my psychological forces work most of the time now, I want to get sleight of mind but I think I will finish want I got here first. lol

BTW anything by Luke Jermay is awesome, I use EI and it kills everyone, 7 Deceptions is brillant.

Cheers

Dan