View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What's your 'drawing duplication' o' choice?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:15 am 
born to perform.

What is the drawing duplication that you would recommend? What's the one that you personally use?
I know there are some good ones out there but - in your mind - what's the best?

Cheers,
Rev.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:44 am 
born to perform.

A very good three envelope test will do, that's what I'm using at the moment, my version doesn't require opening any envelope.

When i'm in walk-around situation I use an effect where a spectator divines what a spectator has been drawing, without really using instant stooging.

Max.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:16 pm 
Penguin

Banacheck has two versions on his PSI series. One for stage and one for up close. I really like his versions because they seem real. The method is bold yet it fooled me the first time. Very easy...very convincing that if someone could do it....this is what it might really look like. You can use the version where you the performer draws an image they are thinking...(shape..picture what have you) and there is another version where people write down a sentence with something in it. The performer asks them to think of the person, place or thing the spectator wrote about...and without handeling the slip of paper at all...no center tears...no billit switches...without touching it...the performer reporduces the image.

Both versions are clever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:09 pm 
born to perform.

Richard Osterlind's "Imp Pad" gets my vote for a stage performance. The routine he uses with it is simply fantastic.

The spectator draws an image in a pad, and places it in a sealed envelope. This is done while you look away. She is allowed to keep both her sealed drawing AND your pad until called upon during the show, upon which you recreate her drawing.

It's found on his Mind Mysteries volume 4, a series anyone and everyone should look in to.

Thanks,

Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:24 am 

I use what is essentially Mark Strivings SUC Peek. If you have a JOL Plus wallet, it works great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:23 pm 
Penguin

I love the use of Universal Impression.

Also to check out: Richard Osterlind's "Imp Pad"
Banachek PSI series

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:44 pm 
Penguin

i just ask them to write down something they can draw then do a C.T.

Post subject: Re: What's your 'drawing duplication' o' choice?
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:41 pm 
Penguin

Universal Impressions would be my pick. I have used it alot & it never fails. I have come up with some clever ways to hide the gimmick. Its good for walk around. The Tommy Pad by Inner Mind Productions, I have heard nothing but good things about this.Apparently you can take the pad back from the volunteer, make your peek as you're closing the pad & never have to touch the pad again. There is no fumbling,or anything that might suggest that you are up to something. This is definitely going to be my next purchase. When I get it I'll let you know how good it really works.

Post subject: Re: What's your 'drawing duplication' o' choice?
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:12 pm 
Penguin

shawn225 wrote:
Universal Impressions would be my pick. I have used it alot & it never fails. I have come up with some clever ways to hide the gimmick. Its good for walk around. The Tommy Pad by Inner Mind Productions, I have heard nothing but good things about this.Apparently you can take the pad back from the volunteer, make your peek as you're closing the pad & never have to touch the pad again. There is no fumbling,or anything that might suggest that you are up to something. This is definitely going to be my next purchase. When I get it I'll let you know how good it really works.

Universal Impression RULES; DEFINITELY my MOST performed and remembered effect - when I perform this is the ONLY effect I do and it leaves them speechless - VERY, VERY, VERY POWERFUL. And funny thing too is The Tommy Pad was going to be my next purchase, LOL - I read that when just less than $15, you can create 10 Tommy Pads out of it - I'm looking into this just incase I forget UI at home and need to make a imp. pad on the go.