View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My offerings to the community
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:44 pm 
Penguin

Hi !

Im new in this forum and i wanna share with you my blog and my offerings to the mentalism community.

Im a part time performer and psychology student, and a full time addict to mentalism.
My mind and even my dreams are focus in this beatiful art.
For me internet and all this places are a great way to communicate with other performers and share ideas.
For that reason i start to write and sell my ideas in eBook format.

I already publish 5 eBooks about different topics relevants to mystery performers:

1. Mysteries Anywhere: Impromptu Mentalism
2. 5 Miracles with 5 ESP Cards : Psychology and Parapsychology in perfect harmony
3. Impromptu and Colorful Prediction: Predict anything, anywhere and my solution for close up Technicolor Prediction.
4.Mistake Deck: Any name card is the only printed one in a complete blank deck.
5. 52 piece of paper for mental demonstrations: Mentalism with playing cards.

If you are interested just enter in my blog
http://amirastuffs.blogspot.com/

or PM me .

In my blog i had also another things such as :

Free Offerings
Experiences
Ideas
etc.

Enjoy !

Post subject: Re: My offerings to the community
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:20 pm 
born to perform.

Welcome to the forums. It seems as though your blog is just there to promote materials you have for sale. At least, to me that seems to be its main focus. I should also note, it is against the forum rules to sell things here and to link to external sites which may also profit off of such linking. Additionally, I wouldn't trust your eBooks in any way given the manner in which you just posted. To me, it was difficult to read. If that says anything about your writing style, then it is not worth investing any money into your eBooks. Again, this is just an opinion of mine... others might not share it.

This is not to say you aren't a good mentalist. You could very well be. And hey, English might not be your first language. But, I personally will be steering clear of anything you do here unless your writing severely improves or you contribute something positive to the forums.

Sure I'm going to come off as a Debbie Downer here, but I'm entitled to my opinion. That being said, welcome again to the forums, I hope you have a good time here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:44 pm 
Penguin

bucky310 wrote:
Welcome to the forums. It seems as though your blog is just there to promote materials you have for sale. At least, to me that seems to be its main focus. I should also note, it is against the forum rules to sell things here and to link to external sites which may also profit off of such linking. Additionally, I wouldn't trust your eBooks in any way given the manner in which you just posted. To me, it was difficult to read. If that says anything about your writing style, then it is not worth investing any money into your eBooks. Again, this is just an opinion of mine... others might not share it.

This is not to say you aren't a good mentalist. You could very well be. And hey, English might not be your first language. But, I personally will be steering clear of anything you do here unless your writing severely improves or you contribute something positive to the forums.

Sure I'm going to come off as a Debbie Downer here, but I'm entitled to my opinion. That being said, welcome again to the forums, I hope you have a good time here.

Hi!

Dont worry, i have a reviser for all my eBooks, so the english in there is better that this one ;).
My blog isnt only to "sell my stuff", i post reviews, free ideas and other experienes
In anyway i dont wanna "break the rules" here, just wanna share some of my ideas in a good way.

I upload an idea for "which hand" effect in my blog today. If you wanna check it just enter to there and read it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:41 am 
born to perform.

WELCOME to Penguin Town, glad you are here and Thank You for your introduction! I took a trip over to the blog and clicked the link for the free write-up on micro-expressions but the file site said that the offering had reached it's limit (10).

The "which hand" plot intrigues me especially the style and nuances Greg Wilson has added. If you can prepare the link again of just post it here that would be GREAT.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:34 am 
Penguin

EZrhythm wrote:
WELCOME to Penguin Town, glad you are here and Thank You for your introduction! I took a trip over to the blog and clicked the link for the free write-up on micro-expressions but the file site said that the offering had reached it's limit (10).

The "which hand" plot intrigues me especially the style and nuances Greg Wilson has added. If you can prepare the link again of just post it here that would be GREAT.

:wink: Check again

If you still had problems, just PM me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:37 am 
born to perform.

Okay so since it was free I downloaded the PDF from your site about the "which hand" effect. Through reading up to, and including, the first page of the "How?" section; your grammar and English are still terrible. This is despite the fact that you have a "reviser" for all of your eBooks.

Like I said, I'm not going to buy anything from somebody who doesn't know how to effectively communicate in the language they're writing in. Not to mention the fact that basically what you're telling the person to do is look for microexpressions to achieve this effect. Well, really you've given nothing away as there are no secrets in that. It takes YEARS of training to get microexpressions down, and people who are looking for a fun and quick effect to perform would be supremely disappointed with this free PDF. Not good marketing on your end.

So, like I've been communicating across, this is not a good way to be selling effects or even reviewing them. You certainly should be a lot more thorough in getting your posts and your eBooks examined before releasing them.

This is not to say you're a bad mentalist at all. It's probably the opposite. It is just that your communication suggests, to English speaking people, that you're not truly professional. Additionally it also indicates that you do not take the time to properly complete things and would like to use either the cheap or easy method. It is for all of the above reasons that I won't be taking you seriously until those things change. Again, I'm not saying you're a bad mentalist, I'm saying you're doing terrible marketing. But good luck, I hope things change.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:20 am 
born to perform.

After having a look and giving the blog a "chance", I'm mostly in agreement with Bucky. The grammar needs improvement and the free "which hand" download could have just been posted as a topic discussion here on the forum in the mentalism section.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:56 pm 
Team Penguin

Guys, let's not let grammar get in the way of magic ideas. It's the reason we're here.

Let's all try to see past that and stop the grammar hate. If someone is foreign, I'd rather they *try* to publish in English than make me have to use a computer translator or something.

Thank you for sharing, Pablo.

Acar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:11 pm 
Penguin

Hi
As you say... this idea could be easily just a post in a forum... but I take my time to give to the community something nice.
Bucky: The name of the idea is just a name. I know the work of Ekman and using the word " microexpression" doesnt means that im using the concept from that author.
The finnese that i use isnt just watch carefully to the person , but is the use of a pause and the words. Is that simple. And believe me , it works.

Acar: Thanks for your words. Communication isnt about language.

All my marketed eBooks were revised in the grammar issue , not the freebies.
My friend is a busy working mentalist ( Mauricio Jaramillo ) and i dont wanna to bother him whenever i wanna share a freebie.

Thanks for your words and your critics. I take the positives and as you say, my english is broken, but im doing my best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:23 pm 
born to perform.

Hey guys Pablo posts frequently on the Magic Cafe and he knows his stuff. He didn't come across as "promoting his stuff"....it came across to me that he just wants to show everyone that he isn't a beginner.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:58 pm 
born to perform.

I certainly don't want to let grammar get in the way of magical ideas. Although if someone desires to offer a product for a charge then I encourage proper grammar in writings that are seen while one is contemplating a purchase.

Thank You, Pablo for your interest in sharing and passion for magical experiences.
I understand the difficulties when reaching out to a community that speaks a different language.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:26 pm 
Penguin

Thanks Benji :wink: . I understand the position of the guys in this forum.

I really just wanna share my ideas ( i dont even like the word "marketing" because i dont know how to do that :lol: ) and share opinions about the topics here.

Now.... Remember that behind each member is a person. I already have experience, so i take the positive things, but maybe a real newbie someday will ask politely and you will destroy his motivation to start in this art.