View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: real mindreading
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:13 am 
born to perform.

Peter_turner1 wrote:
I have a new name guessing technique, No writing anything down, no dual reality or instant stooging, they think it and you guess it as clean as that.

I just finished cleaning it up and road tested it several times and it works beautifully!!

Sounds like fun. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:47 pm 
born to perform.

How may one acquire it?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:09 pm 
Penguin

Yes, how can one acquire it? Is it really no props?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:17 pm 
born to perform.

To my knowledge he hasn't released it and to be honest....he really shouldn't. It is a reputation maker and he might as well keep building his reputation with it. Maybe in ten years he will release it ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:33 am 
Penguin

True, I have seen his videos on youtube and he is an excellent performer! I hope I learn and study enough to maybe come to where he got to before he releases it in Ten Years ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:53 am 
Penguin

Thanks DutchBoy :D

I have a few more videos that I am uploading very soon, I have been seriously busy with consulting need to get my own stuff into affairs!

Pete

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:43 pm 
Penguin

Jon Thompson has a set of books called 'Naked Mentalism' and the concept in it is brilliant. It is just about the closest to real mind reading you could find. But, it is incredibly bold and not at all for the faint of heart. If you dedicated 10 years to that book series, you would easily blur the lines with even the more learned mentalists.

I disagree about cold reading being near mind reading. Only because cold reading is only a small part of a larger set of tools that really should be used together. Now, using a little bit of cold reading here and there will help to make anything seem much more authentic. But, the people I see that rely too much on it are usually pretty weak in performance. There is a reason why there is so much cut tape on the floor of the editing room of a certain famous TV medium from the early 2000's.

I think the staple mindreading act would have to be a good Q&A. And this in no way has to be done like the traditional mentalist behind the table with a fishbowl of folded paper. Derren Brown did an excellent Q&A in one of his stage shows. I know quite a bit about the subject and was still fairly starry eyed. I almost always recommend good billet work for mind reading. I learned 1 peek and built a strong reputation off of it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:46 am 
Penguin

NLP Eye Accessing Cues (also referred to as VAKOG theory was one of the core tools originally taught by the founders of NLP. The students that learned it used it with great success with their clients. However, it caught the attention of the academic types and laboratory tests have been conducted which, to my knowledge all disprove the theory. What they found is that eye behavior can just be a learned behavior, like a teenager rolling her eyes at you every 60 seconds. BUT, if you ACT AS IF it is a viable technique, like the original students of NLP you can get real results with it. One of the more prolific NLP/Huna teachers, I forget his first name but his last name is Shepard, postulates that the techniques and tools of NLP, like VAKOG simply distract the conscious mind so the subconscious mind can do the work it needs to do.
I am also a proponent of the proper use of cold readings to gain rapport and establish yourself as an expert in the mark's mind. No, it's not pure mind reading but you can eventually figure out what is going on in there. I just purchased Kenton Knepper's Completely Cold audio downloads and so far I like it, you will sound to them like they know what's going on in the deepest parts of their psyche better than they do. But a sceptical person who does not get emotionally invested stands a good chance of realizing that you really have no clue what you are talking about.