View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: first booking
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:31 pm 
born to perform.

Oh yeah it's another one of these lol. I'm stepping out of the world of hobbiest in the the line of semi pro, at least for one night. I'm doing a 40 minute stand up show and an hour walk around at a local bar on a Saturday night during a long weekend. So I expect a big turn out which is already getting my nerves up.

My close up set is sorted, I'll be keeping a simple 5 min set with a mental card effect (Barrie Richardson's do you want to continue probably.) a name reveal and a drawing dupe.

For the stage show I'll open with bank night, I have an odd ball set at my disposal for a truth and lie test, the second half will be a memory reveal (probably a duel reality piece like Derren's reminiscence) the lazy mentalist chair test (this is the resteraunte trick which fooled penn and teller) and the glass box prediction for a confab (haven't decided on a theme might play it safe and stick with the holiday theme or try a presentation of my own based on the idea of catching dreams in bottles like in the BFG).
The memory reveal and the confab will be my closers already got a nice twist for the glass box to create a strong moment of utter disbelief in the audience as they realise what I'm about to do before it happens.

Mainly now I need a couple of effects for act 1 and some extras in the event things move too quick. I'm open to suggestions, I've already got two other pros to call on personally but I'll listen to anything pitched. Mostly though any support is welcome.

Post subject: Re: first booking
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:37 am 
Penguin

arkham666 wrote:
Oh yeah it's another one of these lol. I'm stepping out of the world of hobbiest in the the line of semi pro, at least for one night. I'm doing a 40 minute stand up show and an hour walk around at a local bar on a Saturday night during a long weekend. So I expect a big turn out which is already getting my nerves up.

My close up set is sorted, I'll be keeping a simple 5 min set with a mental card effect (Barrie Richardson's do you want to continue probably.) a name reveal and a drawing dupe.

For the stage show I'll open with bank night, I have an odd ball set at my disposal for a truth and lie test, the second half will be a memory reveal (probably a duel reality piece like Derren's reminiscence) the lazy mentalist chair test (this is the resteraunte trick which fooled penn and teller) and the glass box prediction for a confab (haven't decided on a theme might play it safe and stick with the holiday theme or try a presentation of my own based on the idea of catching dreams in bottles like in the BFG).
The memory reveal and the confab will be my closers already got a nice twist for the glass box to create a strong moment of utter disbelief in the audience as they realise what I'm about to do before it happens.

Mainly now I need a couple of effects for act 1 and some extras in the event things move too quick. I'm open to suggestions, I've already got two other pros to call on personally but I'll listen to anything pitched. Mostly though any support is welcome.

Blindfold routine! drive blindfolded round the restaurant in a push chair...on a serious note bud, something thats gripping and will be engaging for them to watch I have seen you perform a few stuff stick to some of them :)

need ideas skype me!

Post subject: Re: first booking
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:53 pm 
born to perform.

All I got to say is Break a leg!....and rehearse like mad!