View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Forcing a thought.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:51 pm 
Penguin

Any good material on thought forcing/predictions w.out impression devices or the C.T?

Post subject: Re: Forcing a thought.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:46 pm 
Penguin

Check out Banachecks PS2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:48 pm 
Penguin

It really depends on what you want to do with the thought once you have forced it?

Do you want psychological style forces or invisible mechanical ones?

Pete

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:11 pm 
Penguin

Allow me to rephrase my question,
I do hypnosis and it's kind of taken me down this path where i'm very interested in mind magic and illusion utilizing various methods...
I am new to mentalism and have learned "E.I" by Luke Jermay,Read "The 13 steps to mentalism" by Tony Corrinda I also read "Tricks of the mind" by Derren Brown.
I am not into stage magic or mentalism (though it's impressive and I enjoy watching it) The stage isn't where my heart is...The street however is.
I like the accessability and the personal feel of street/closeup and I guess to rephrase my post would be to seek an answer to "What would you recommend to someone in my situation, that wants to really dive into mentalism and do things that are seemingly impossible (btw I have been doing sleight of hand and street magic for about 4 years) such as force a thought,read minds,cool predictions ect...?"
Paralies seems to have bang for the buck and ive been stuck on that idea for a bit but what do you think? I welcome any and all advice :)

-Brian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:21 am 
Penguin

Ah ok, Psychological subtleties is the book for you. It has lots of techniques and another MUST have book is "Practical mental magic".

Annemann is a genius!

Welcome to the forums any questions and there are some great minds on here willing to answer :)

Pete

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:53 pm 
Penguin

just to be real here, using NLP or any other methodology to subconsciously force a thought will never be what you want it to be. Many people, even magicians, think that NLP or "psychology" will make this ultimate mentalism routine where all you have to do is speak with inflection and use odd hand gestures. This is simply not true. Your best bet is to read PS 1 and 2, arm yourself with either a centre tear or the acidus novus (not sure I spelled that right), and get a very solid understanding of cold reading. For me, Having someone write down a name on an acidus novus business card and then using a fair amount of cold reading is a lethal injection to any layman (even those science types).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:08 pm 
Penguin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2zOgt4NEsc

Or you can resort to mind control ;)

All jokes aside no P*e Show, no writing down or b*llet work just good old intuition :D

Enjoy,

Pete