View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Anyone know any incredible mentalism tricks?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:21 pm 
born to perform.

I know the title sounds sort of redundant maybe, but does anyone know any incredible mentalism tricks? When I mean incredible, I mean tricks that will make them scream.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:35 pm 
born to perform.

I've heard good stuff about Ted Lesley's 2-DVD Set and 13 Steps to Mentalism. I also heard Fulve's Practical Mental Magic wasn't a bad book. Plus, it's really cheap!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:56 pm 
born to perform.

Hmmm... I guess I'll have to get Practical Mental Magic... I have to act quickly though if I want to have it before I leave to the Bahamas...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:20 am 
born to perform.

Die ciper 2 is a very good mentalism trick. Just check out the demo video. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:46 pm 
born to perform.

Ordered Fulves, it has 67 mentalism tricks.....

FYI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:38 pm 
born to perform.

Fulves didn't write Practical Mental Magic (or Practical Mental Effects, depending on the edition). Annemann did. That book, as well as the book on mentalism that Fulves DID write, Self-Working Mental Magic, are both good places to start learning about mentalism.

For specific mentalism effects that make people scream, there's no such thing: only strong presentations that make people scream.

The effects themselves are easy to find -- in addition to those in the books above, one of the all-time greatest mental effects is the venerable Invisible Deck (originally known as the Ultra-Mental Deck); the reaction, even after sixty or so years, is still amazing.

Other items: Burger's Thought Sender. My own Xpert. Much of the stuff in Ted Lesley's book, Paramiracles. Some great effects in Corinda's 13 Steps to Mentalism, Annemann's The Jinx, Waters' Mind, Myth & Magick, and Max Maven's Videomind series.

That should keep you going for a while.

Best of luck,
Neil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:35 pm 
born to perform.

Neil,

Darn it, your Xpert gonna put me in da bread line yet:) All kidding aside, congrats, howse life in the islands?::)

Havnet purchased it yet, doing me homework on several items before wife sees the mastercard bill this month:)

BTW What do you think of a pocket card index? I think its mentioned in 13 steps. It appears that several gimmicks may have these included where a instant choice card is produced.

SAP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:18 pm 
born to perform.

sapolice wrote:
Neil,

Darn it, your Xpert gonna put me in da bread line yet:) All kidding aside, congrats, howse life in the islands?::)

Havnet purchased it yet, doing me homework on several items before wife sees the mastercard bill this month:)

BTW What do you think of a pocket card index? I think its mentioned in 13 steps. It appears that several gimmicks may have these included where a instant choice card is produced.

SAP

Islands? I live in Chicago :)

Pocket indexes are great. Check out Annemann's Practical Mental Effects to find out more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 2:19 am 
born to perform.

Thanks Neil, trying to make a homemade one of sorts......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:50 pm 
Penguin

Twisted sisters is a very cool mentalism effect. I also got the Mind Power Deck, it's kind of expensive but a very cool and very strong effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:49 pm 
born to perform.

sapolice wrote:
Thanks Neil, trying to make a homemade one of sorts......

There are complete instructions for making a good homemade index in Annemann's Practical Mental Effects. Check 'em out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:38 am 
Penguin

My personal favourite is Banachek's "Psychokinetic Touches" booklet. When you read the booklet you will think "no way.... this is a joke. this cannot work!" but if you have faith and do exactly what the booklet tells you to do, and say exactly what the booklet tells you to say, you will blow people away. The best thing is - it requires absolutely NO SET-UP and can be done anywhere, anytime.

My dad, who is always completely unimpressed by ANY magic trick, was absolutely speechless when I performed this with my brother and mother in front of him... my mother started screaming.... and my brother was freaked out (big time) for at least a day (and he still doesn't know how it worked).

Trust me, this is amazing impromptu psychic/mentalism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:39 am 
born to perform.

willmorton wrote:
My personal favourite is Banachek's "Psychokinetic Touches" booklet. When you read the booklet you will think "no way.... this is a joke. this cannot work!" but if you have faith and do exactly what the booklet tells you to do, and say exactly what the booklet tells you to say, you will blow people away. The best thing is - it requires absolutely NO SET-UP and can be done anywhere, anytime.

I absolutely agree: this is an extremely powerful effect. But since Streetman hadn't yet read Practical Mental Effects, recommending PK Touches seemed premature. Its successful performance requires a very strong delivery and firm control of atmosphere; this is definitely not for the novice mentalist.

Post subject: PM me and I will send you a simple routine ...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:54 pm 
Penguin

If you want a simple routine for stage PM me and I will send you a good prediction routine for stage show. :lol:

Just because it is simple dont underestimate the effect - its killer. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:52 pm 
Penguin

Neil, i am glad you jumped onto the chat. I clicked on your product and it sounds great. I am submitting an order for one right now from penguin. and thx for your suggetions on magic books.
:P