View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Psychophysiological thought reading And Mental Miracles
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:05 pm 
Penguin

Can anybody tell me what you can do with Banacheks psychophysiological thought reading? What are the effects in the book? any more info.
and how good is mental miracles by Bob Cassidy..
thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:49 pm 

psychophysiological thought reading is about muscle reading. feeling someone's reactions and interpreting them. its a real skill, and is difficult to learn. i wouldn't recommend this book to beginners by any means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:18 am 
Penguin

magicmandan wrote:
i wouldn't recommend this book to beginners by any means.

Here here. The book does come with another (very old) book re-printed, which comes with a section about how to do mindreading with pets :) Banachek's book is great - as is the rest of his stuff - but this is definately not one for beginners

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:41 am 
Penguin

what can you find out from people? someone said something about being able to find out what color someone is thinking through muscle reading in another forum and a reviewer said he guessed a number someone was thinking,...what else can you find out and what effects are in the book?
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:14 am 
Penguin

It's not a really a book of effects. Have you seen Derren Brown's Mind Control TV specials? He did an effect where he asked a guy in a market to go somewhere in the market and hide a photo of his wife. Derren then held onto the guy's arms and walked around, and went straight to where the photo was hidden. That's what you can do with muscle reading. It has many applications, but it can be hit-or-miss and is difficult to master. I think Ormond McGill wrote some musclereading articles, you might be better tracking those down and reading them before buying Banachek's book

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:19 am 
Penguin

sounds like something I'd like. What type of mindreading is there besides finding things?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:40 am 
Penguin

Banachek's book isn't really a book of effects, more like a manual on how to understand it. The possibilities of effects with muscle reading (contact mind reading, Hellstromism, whatever you want to call it) is wide and varied. There are numerous number tests, item locations, etc that I know of. Find things. Identfy the owners of objects. Reunited a seperated couple. You'll just have to read the book and use your imagination :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:09 am 
Penguin

alrighty, thanks for the good info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:17 am 
Penguin

best banacheck effects are pk time and pk touches! Psychological subtelties is alot of hit and miss theory stuff. But if you want to make a life of this!!! then you are weird anyway so get it you'll love it

Post subject: Psychological Prediction
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:23 pm 
Penguin

I have a manuscript called "Psychological Prediction" that I got from a UK magician (don't know if I can say his name) maybe based on something from Derren Brown. It's entirely a case of reading 'body language'. It's a simple calling of which hand a volunteer is holding a coin in. It's been about 85% effective. and improves with practice -something that mentalists have apparantly been "on to" for some time. I just thought I'd share this under the posted heading-- It's really simple and certainly can be done by novices, with practice. No gimmicks, no nuthin'.

Post subject: Re: Psychophysiological thought reading And Mental Miracles
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:29 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Mental_Mike wrote:
Can anybody tell me what you can do with Banacheks psychophysiological thought reading? What are the effects in the book? any more info.
and how good is mental miracles by Bob Cassidy..
thanks.

Mental Miracles is alright. I just picked mine up locally a couple weeks ago for $56CAD and I wouldn't say it was worth it. Although there were two tricks in it I'm going to renovate to use myself.

The video quality was poor and the audio sucked even worse. It was like it was filmed in 8mm with a 30 year old tape recorder. I had to crank up my audio system and lower the bass right down because the background noise was throwing things off my shelves.

He doesn't go into any sort of psychology. Just the standard write this down, put into this envelope, I'll destroy envelope, I'll tell you what you were thinking tricks. So I was somewhat disappointed. But, like I said there were two cool tricks in there that weren't using the write this down routine. So it wasn't a complete disappointment.

8)