View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Oh I must...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:46 pm 
Penguin

First, having "experience" in mentalism is not the same as buying a trick or two and then thinking that you're the next Max Maven and can read people's minds...your attitude is the worst thing that mentalist's can show, because we're doing something impossible (to begin with) and it is VERY invasive...just imagine how you would react in your holier-than-thou way, if you ran into an ***hole that badmouthed you while you were performing (not saying that you deserved it, or didn't deserve it).

Now, to the question at hand: good mentalism for restaurants? Yes, all of it. Mentalism depends on you, not the "trick", and if you cannot sell the mentalism in the first place then it doesn't matter where you are performing.

Do not do any silverware bending, because the restaurant will get pissed at you messing up their property! Do not do any key bending, because very few people really carry around a key that they want destroyed, despite what the advertisements say...unless you carry an "everything tool" and offer to straighten out their key for them afterward! LMAO

Make it visual, so others can see THAT you're doing something, and they will ask for you. But if you haven't worked in restaurants before, start by doing some s-o-h magic, and get the feel of the industry...they are not there to make you famous, and if you get in their way they will kick you out really quickly!

Lee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:22 pm 
born to perform.

the absolute best mentalism effect i have is Magicard. I say this soooo much but, its great for resteraunt, street magic, everything, Get it!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:14 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
For resources, check out the works of the usual suspects: Annemann, Waters and Corinda, as well as those of Richardson, Strivings, Banachek, Busch, Becker, Lesley and others.

Best of luck,
Neil

Also search the name Tobin, I here he has a great mentalism trick :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:25 pm 
Penguin

On the subject of Diecypher 2, I have a version of this ( a slightly better one ) called Dieabolical and I find it gets great reactions and is perfect for table hopping. Of course it all depends on the patter and presentation, but definitely one worth doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:41 am 
born to perform.

flyfisher08 wrote:
the absolute best mentalism effect i have is Magicard. I say this soooo much but, its great for resteraunt, street magic, everything, Get it!!!!

you have got to be kidding me. if you think that is the best mentalism ever, than you couldnt possibly know much about mentalism. try doing a booktest or something. jeez, what is this world coming to?