View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: not so newbie help
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:16 pm 
Penguin

I am an experienced card magician and I am trying to see if mentalism is the next step. I wanted to see what suggestions you guys have on which book to buy. I dont want a book that is too easy. I am interested in effects that do not need gimmicks or props, impromtu stuff. I want to be able to guess the number somone is thinking of, or a word they are thinking off. That kind of mentalism. I am not interested in learning the center tear or things of that nature. thanks for the help :D

Post subject: Re: not so newbie help
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:32 pm 
born to perform.

sc24evr wrote:
I am an experienced card magician and I am trying to see if mentalism is the next step. I wanted to see what suggestions you guys have on which book to buy. I dont want a book that is too easy. I am interested in effects that do not need gimmicks or props, impromtu stuff. I want to be able to guess the number somone is thinking of, or a word they are thinking off. That kind of mentalism. I am not interested in learning the center tear or things of that nature. thanks for the help :D

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Sc24ever, but your experience with cards won't entitle you to skip a few grades in mentalism. Corinda's 13 Steps to Mentalism, Annemann's Practical Mental Effects, and Waters' Mind, Myth & Magick are the foundation you need.

And don't knock the much-maligned center tear. Some of the most successful mentalists on the planet do one or another of its devious variations, and they kill with it.

Best of luck,
Neil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:04 pm 
Penguin

Which book do you recommend me starting with, anneman's or corinda's. I want to be able to learn how to use prediction cards and impromtu mentalism, what do you think? thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:48 pm 
born to perform.

i would reccomend corinda's, but then other people might have a different preference. dont base you decision on my oppinion. get the facts about them and then decide by your own will. good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:05 am 
Penguin

I would recommend Anneman's to start - it's very cheaply available now, and has an absolute wealth of valuable information. This should give you enough of a taste to decide if you want to take it further.

I'd then recommend Tony Corrinda's book. It's great - full of excellent information and is EXTREMELY well written and organised. It's a pleasure to read and to use as reference.

I didn't like T A Waters' Mind Myth Magick at all, I got very little out of that book.

Definintely go for Annemann's book first. Test the water before diving in :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:46 am 
born to perform.

thanx for the advise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:07 am 
Penguin

CORINDA STUDY IT! Then reread it and then study some more. Then begin to routine, study some more then perform!