View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Watch Crystal is Forced?What FALSE advertising!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:25 am 
Penguin

:evil: I just saw the Watch Crystal Video and it is OBVIOUS it is a [edited] for the time.How can these guys sell stuff with a CLEAR conscience(sp?) [edited] Don't they have any decency?For $50 bucks that is a ripoff and a lie.What Bull.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:29 am 
Penguin

Read the forum rules dude, this is definite exposure to anyone who doesn't know the secret. Plus you are paying for the high quality crystal, not the secret unlike most other tricks. This is one of my most used tricks, it is not one to bypass, it gets insane reactions. Next time, think before you post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:40 pm 
born to perform.

Some VERY good tricks use forces

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:19 pm 
born to perform.

I have to agree about the watch crystal... I read the description and was ready to get out my wallet... but then I watch the demo....

And I, like everyone else you use that particular force on, its going to be staring at a clock for five minutes figuring it out.

I'm sure there's a better way to force the time but I wasn't impressed with even how the watch crystal looked. Not for $40+ anyway...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:13 pm 
Penguin

There is a trick that is exactly the same called ghost disc but instead of time uses a card and that is for $10.
just do a google for GHOST Disc

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:58 am 
Penguin

Yes, that's way too much money for that effect. You might as well just draw the watch with lemon juice in a circle made of paper, and then reveal the time by passing a lighted match in circles around the face of that "watch". The paper will cost you $0.01 and the lemon maybe $0.20... so for less than a quarter you can have your own Watch Effect.

Oh, and I have that Ghost Disc... it's not bad. Although I paid $20... and I thought it was something else. At least it lets you reveal two different cards... so you don't have to force the same one everytime, and you can even repeat it if you want.

And I have to agree that some very good tricks use forces. And why not? It's an undetectable method that lets you know which card someone will pick even before they select it. That gives you an unlimited amount of effects you can perform... not to mention the many original effects you will come up with. I have created many amazing card tricks using a card force with another sleight or two... and they look awesome. I even use a little computer program to reveal someones card. Check my website if you want to learn that effect free. It's called Cyber Revelation.

Now, back to the topic: some manufactures have no clue of how much they can honestly charge for a trick. I have bought a few tricks that I think will be amazing because they are expensive and found that to be a very wrong assumption. Never judge a trick by how expensive it is. There are tricks that cost you just a few bucks and are more impresive than one of those expensive ones.

And the descriptions can't be trusted much either. Some use very vague terms that make you think it's something it's not. Or they will straight out lie to you and promess something that the trick does not deliver. And, because you already know the "secret" as stupid as it is... you can't return it. The best way is to read reviews by other people and ask in Forums like this one. Never trust the manufacturer. Well, it's not the manufacturer I don't trust... it's the devil in them! :twisted: And if you have no clue about what I just said you got to rent: The Italian Job... good movie!

Take care everyone! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:06 pm 
Penguin

It's the nature of the force in this trick that is so lame. A good force doesn't seem at all contrived. The business of counting around the imaginary clock three times--it's just silly. And the patter Oz uses to explain why he's having the poor spec go through this nonsense...well, i'd rather a trick have no narrative at all than one that insults my intelligence.

Actually the crystal itself looks pretty lame too. i'm pretty sure i know how it works.

Good, natural-seeming mentalism effects, like Invisible Deck are real treasures. i think they are just about the strongest magic there is.

Post subject: same
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:34 am 
born to perform.

A bit sad.....hopefully they will eventually lower the price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:34 pm 

Over the holiday's I came across this force described in a small soft cover magic book while I was browsing in a mainstream bookstore in the States (either Borders or Barnes and Noble, I think) ... I think the author was Long or Lang ... anyway the same author had a whole series of small magic books on the shelf in the bookstore. I think they were published in the 70s (but I could be wrong).

It was funny because this particular force was mentioned at the start of a chapter as basically a throw away effect. The use of the force was illustrated, but then it appeared to be discarded and ignored in the rest of the book (so far as I could tell).

It is funny how some magicians are so uppity about sharing effects and secrets, while magic manufacturers and distributors think nothing about fleecing the naive magic-buying public with recycled old public domain effects. I imagine someone who bought the watch crystal would be upset to find this force described in a 20+ year old reprinted magic book selling for under $10.