View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Thought Transmitter by John Cornelius
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:39 am 
Penguin

Anyone out there with experience with the "Thought Transmitter by John Cornelius"? I'm looking for a good, reasonably priced "mindreading tablet" where you can secretly tell what someone has written.

Unfortunately, there's only one customer review. I looked at the video and it looks ok, but the "focus on the card" part looks a little hokey.

How examenable is the device? How easy is it to use? How good is the effect.

Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:40 am 
Penguin

And if anyone has something that they like better, please tell me about it.
Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:39 pm 

:arrow: good effect
:arrow: easy to use
:arrow: not examinable, and a bit risky in that regard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:14 am 
Penguin

Thanks. Sounds like it's at least worth checking out.
Anything out there that's better? Examenable?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:03 pm 
born to perform.

I highly recommend the Sight Unseen Case by Mark Strivings. Or even better than that, Allen Zingg's peek wallet. These are what the real pros use. the thought transmitter is good, but has many weaknesses...the biggest one being that it has to be replaced after awhile. If you are serious about peeks too, edited, dont even get a peek wallet, just get Peek Performaces by RIchard Busch. This will get you on the right track and is hailed by the top mentalists i the business as the best book on peeking ever created. throw out the thought transmitter...time to get up to date...anywhere, anytime, no prop peeking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:29 pm 
Penguin

I've never heard of the peek wallet and I can't find one on Penguin's site. Few questions:
1) Where should I look for one?
2) What's a reasonable price?
3) How easy is it to use?
4) Are they useful for any other effects?

Thanks, again, for the input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:36 pm 
born to perform.

yo, i dont use my mindreader wallet simply becasue it can be used in place of a center tear or peek from a slip of paper or somthing. But, peeking devices are one of metalism's greatest tools.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:28 pm 
Penguin

Well I was looking into this device not long ago too but never bought it because of the lack of meaning. What is the purpose of hat ? If you could really read their mind, why would they need to write it ?...it just doesn't make sense to me.

but well many people said they love that thing but maybe it,s because they don't care that much about what they are doing. If someone could give me reasons to change my mind than alright but I never really heard or thought of valuable reasons to make people write their thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:49 pm 
Penguin

I appreciate your input and your points are well taken. However, as we all know, there are all kinds of effects for all kinds of talents and personal styles. As for me, I would like to learn a bit more about the peek wallet.

Anyone out there that can help me with the questions from my last posting?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:00 am 
born to perform.

like i said. get the sight unseen case. you can peek with it...but the best thing about it is that you can load/unload billets, pocket write, nail write and other great utility stuff...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:01 am 
Penguin

my opinion. thought transmitter , is really good. and it can be examined. just not for very long . for those who know the secret .maybe 2 out of the hundreds that i have done it for have done just the right thing for the revealation, but anyway. the way i use it is really the way daryl performed it .in stead of me reading there mind , i tell them that i am going to make them write the word or number or letter or whatever.that i send to there subconsious. that works alot better. espeacially for girls, it has gotton me far with them, i just tell them to write one word , one simple word but that word has to do with something that they think of me.that is the best icebreaker , if you want to find out if someone is intrested without looking like a fool.but to the other guys who said get . some of the other effects,Sight Unseen Case by Mark Strivings. Or even better than that, Allen Zingg's peek wallet. where wouldi have to go to see some reviews on these effects? please pm me or e-mail me..but as far as the though transmitter .. i think its worth the price that penguinmagic is offering,when i got mine it had just come out , and that was a few years ago , and i have yet to replace it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:04 am 
Penguin

also can anyone pm me with a better routine for the ashes to arm, but i want the name version not the card , i know the center tear but my problem is the misdirection for the load.also anythoughts on that ashes pen ? i mean what i use is pretty good, im just wondering if it is the same type of object?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:04 am 
born to perform.

this is how you get girls? nice.

thought transmitter is good but not versatile. and it needs to be replaced every once in awhile. You cant really get the zingg wallet which is a private release by allen to members of the spychics entertainers assication and his private email list. it runs for around $150 but is one of the BEST gimmicked wallets out there in terms of quality and versatility. far better than TT. mark striving's SUC is almost always hard to find because of demand. mark probably still has some in stock, and you pay around $50 for a small business card case that could be casually examined...more so than TT too. it also is a lot more versatile and is the prop of choice by all the pros. TT is not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:10 pm 
Penguin

i like the thought transmitter. i ALWAYS allow my specs to hold the wallet while writing their message of whatever in it, and not once have they caught onto it. they dont ask to inspect it either, since they've already held it. if you want it, i say, get it, just know that this isn't really an effect by itself, (unless you want to put heat on the wallet), so it's a bit expensive just to intensify other effects (brainwave?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:14 pm 
Penguin

SORRY to make this into two posts, but i use the TT only in an effect where a card (or name etc) is NOT forced, and you must know it to complete the trick, and normally you ask for it. (e.g. invisible deck, "what card did you flip in your mind") (thought transmitter:"you must focus on a single card which no one else may know, write it down for future verification") is MUCH more impressive. thats what i meant by the above post.