View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: what card to people usually think of?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:07 pm 
Penguin

i was just wondering if anyone new like if you ask a guy to think of a card, if anyone know's what percentage of men say what card or what most people would think of and same thing for girls. and if anyone knows any number tricks like wut number people usualy think of when you ask them one of those kind of questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:26 pm 
born to perform.

That is really hard to answer, but while performing the I.D. i ask them to pretend to pull a card out and name it. I would say the most name card i have received has been the ace of spades.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:00 am 
Penguin

I always get 9 of diamonds or Queen of hearts from women. Jack of Clubs or 4 of clubs from men.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:45 am 
born to perform.

If you're interested in psychological forces, card and otherwise, I recommend looking for Banachek's book, Psychological Subtleties.

Best,
Neil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:13 pm 

first card that comes to almost everyones mind when i ask them to think of a card would have to be the Ace of Spades for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:31 am 
Penguin

actually there is a series of cards people will think of ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:58 pm 
Penguin

what does the Banacheks Book teach you and is it worth it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:19 am 
born to perform.

Crazything2 wrote:
what does the Banacheks Book teach you and is it worth it?

The Banachek book, Psychological Subtleties, teaches nothing less than how to make your mentalism look like the real thing to your audience. In my opinion, it's brilliant and worth every cent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:59 am 
born to perform.

it is worth far more than the asking price. i have a feeling you will buy it and not like it. hey, i did, i read it and was like, "what is this???" but keep the book until you get more experienced. then you will see the value. you probably shouldnt get it until you have been performing mentalism for awhile. that is when the true value will be appreciated. you won't find any big effects in it. nor are people going to think you are a mind reader just by your reading this book. it takes time and practice to develop the skills needed. the book is a tool, not a book of effects.

Post subject: hm
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:38 pm 
Penguin

well the most picking one for me is ace of hearts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:56 am 
Penguin

i think it's usually the ace of spades. i read somewhere that men most often pick ace of spades, and women most often pick queen of hearts. of course, this is not always 100% fool-proof. i mean, come on...there's 52 cards in a deck. you have a 1 in 52 chance of guessing it right! anyway, those 2 cards are very common.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:54 am 
born to perform.

those two cards are becoming less and less common because they are more widely known to be common. if people dont think about it there is a high possiblility that one of those cards will cross their mind. if you allow them to think at all though, i doubt they will settle on those cards. they will try to "catch you out"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:01 pm 
Penguin

that is true. but, those cards do seem to creep up when you ask that. if i'm doing the invisible deck, i'll say "don't make it an obvious one, like the ace of spades", or something to that nature. i've had a lot of people say, "that's what it was". but i agree....those cards do seem to be dwindling down now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:52 pm 
Penguin

I just went through david blaines book mysterious stranger and it had a short section on what cards people think of. That is a great book not only on his autobiofgraphy but on houdini's and others. It has a few effects but I could not put that book town. Pick it up.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:58 pm 
Penguin

Neil_Tobin wrote:
If you're interested in psychological forces, card and otherwise, I recommend looking for Banachek's book, .

Best,
Neil

Hi X-Neil,
is the Psychological Subtleties good? because to be honest Banachek is always my favourite mentalist i perform his silveware bending alot which get huge reaction and i basically got all his books
( p.touches,pre-though,how to read people's mind,p.time etc)but this,recently looking for it in ebay cause can't buy it here in penguin.However,the pre-though is not as fascinating as i "pre-though".
How do you reckon Kenton Knepper's stuff,because personally i reckon Kenton's stuff is not as practical and fancy as larry becker's stuff.Looking forward to do some Derren brown's style mentalist rather than the wonder word (sometime it is not as practical as i tried,may be i am not pro enough to perform kenton's material,although so far i only have 7 deception).I like the effect of cold reading to add-in to my mentalist sometime to psy people out,so which cold reading is good.Do you recommend Ian Rowland's full fact of cold reading?