View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: mixed review on the expert!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:40 pm 
Penguin

ive read some good reviews on this site about the expert ,but on a site in england i go on it gets slated saying its not worth the money !now im totally confused

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:55 pm 
born to perform.

I can't really speak to the fact of product's use in England but I do own the Xpert and love it. You came to a good place if you have any questions because the creator comes to this board quite often and answers questions and gives advice. You may even try sending a pm to him and he will do his best to get back to you. His user name here is Neil Tobin and you can find one of his posts in the sticky at top on the mentalism board and just click on the pm button and send him one and he will answer your questions. Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:52 pm 
Penguin

thanks for that ,will give him a try!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:10 pm 
Penguin

there is a _ between his first and last name in case u didnt figure that out

Post subject: Re: mixed review on the expert!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:19 am 
born to perform.

carlwag wrote:
ive read some good reviews on this site about the expert ,but on a site in england i go on it gets slated saying its not worth the money !now im totally confused

Thanks for the testimonial, Number1Complainer!

Carlwag, I've seen the board that you're speaking of, and the bottom line is that in the world of magic, there are those who are simply collectors of methods, and those who are performers.

The board you mentioned seems to attract method collectors -- you can tell by reading how many of them say that they threw the product in question immediately into their junk drawer right after opening it. Did they learn a routine? Did they perform it before an actual lay audience and find out just how powerful it plays? Nope. They were more interested in finding an exciting new gimmick than in learning an effect that simply devastates lay people.

There are other boards in the UK populated by people who are very pleased with The Xpert. I'm PMing you with the name of one of my favorites (several of its members were so enthused by my product that one of its moderators tracked me down and personally invited me to visit; since then, its members have sent me a few excellent original routines that will be published in my upcoming Xpert followup booklet).

If I can be of any further help to, feel free to drop me a PM.

Best,
Neil Tobin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:21 am 
born to perform.

this is a great utility device. highly recommended. though I only use it for coin bending....it kills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:23 pm 
Penguin

:lol: i,ve just orderd it due to the fact so many people give it the thumbs up ,also thanks neil for the advice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:49 pm 
Penguin

im ordering it right now. first time i've ever ordered something and had honestly no clue what it was. (mind read+coin bend) i dont know a gimmick that does both. i'll tell you what i think of it when it comes in!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:50 pm 
Penguin

also, i dont believe you can access the expert from the 'search' on penguin. tried Xpert expert tobin....no real matches. just fyi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:21 pm 
born to perform.

tschirhart wrote:
also, i dont believe you can access the expert from the 'search' on penguin. tried Xpert expert tobin....no real matches. just fyi.

That's strange. I just searched "Tobin" and it popped right up.

Thank you for your orders, Tschirhart and Carlwag. I look forward to hearing your feeback (after you've had a chance to learn the routines and try them on real audiences).

Best,
Neil