View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Psychophysiological Thought Reading
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:01 pm 
Penguin

I am thinking about buying this but I wanted to know a few effects the book teaches that use muscle reading.

Thanks for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:07 pm 
born to perform.

the book while it does teach muscle reading, is more about ideomotor response in general...pendulum work, table dowsing etc. Note that you have to practice a lot to perfect the material in this book. And by practice I mean during performance. Doing this on friends or family members is likely not to work or give you bad habits. To start out during your performances you can do pseudo muscle reading and Banachek addresses this as well. it is a good book if you are daring and if you want to explore a facet that is underexplored in mentalism. Recommended.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 7:37 pm 
born to perform.

I havnt read the book, but i am looking at it. I have throroughly researched it and i think it sounds a bit like the use of suggestion. By this, i mean, once you start doing it, you just keep trying until somthing hits. You then build from there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:45 pm 
Penguin

Ok but more secifically what kind of things can you use the muscle reading for? Effects things like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 2:53 pm 
born to perform.

You can determine what someone's card is without actually knowing it. You can determine where someone hid something even if you are in the other room. The possibiliteis are endless. Don't think about what effects you can do with it, and how am I going to wow my audiences. This technique has been avoided by many performers because it is difficult to do and learning it require real world performance situations...sort of like the kind you need when learning hypnosis. If you buy the book thinking you can muscle read in a week or two, or become a mindreader, you will be very very disappointed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 4:45 pm 
born to perform.

The book is more on technique than effects. if you go in thinking its only the effects you are going to do, then you are wrong. Its the technique that is going to be valuable to you. Its like Luke Jermay's book Building Blocks. You can learn effects, but its the suggestion and how you can put it to use in your own material that is worth the price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 4:52 pm 
born to perform.

i thought you didnt read it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:54 pm 
born to perform.

It's a great book, but muscle reading isn't something that you can just read and instantly know how to do it. It's something that you will need to practice - a lot. This does not really teach "effects", more like techniques that you can use to do just about anything you want. But, it does come with a few ideas for how to practice without the embarassment of ruining the trick. If you want the book to have a few effects using muscle reading, then I suggest you not purchase this book, because it will be a complete waste of money. I never really do routines that use purely muscle reading (because I'm not quite good enough yet), but instead I use it to strengthen other routines. I also often use the pendulum principlesas an 'out'. Muscle reading is definately not a 'just add water' type of thing, and will take years of practice, but is definately a very interesting field of mentalism to look into.