View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: spoons
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:29 am 
born to perform.

What DVD(s) teach you the best spoon bending method?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:47 pm 
born to perform.

gerry and banachek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:52 am 
Penguin

Yeah, Psychokinetic Silverware by Gerry and Banachek. I have it and it's good, but it's a routine. If you just want people to beleive you are psychic, get Mind Bender. Here it is in detail:

:arrow: What you get:

Psychokinetic Silverware: 3 neck bends (bending the actual spoon), a tine bend (bending one individual prong of the fork), a twist and a break.

Mind Bender: A spoon bend, a coin trick and an elastic band trick.

:arrow: Quality:

Psychokinetic Silverware: The Bends are good, one happens in the spectators hands. The break requires preperation, so does the twist, but that can be done in real time, in other words, you get misdirection and put the twist in. Gerry can get on your nerves a bit (probably why theres no other 'Gerry and Banachek' DVD's). Banachek rocks.

Mind Bender: Pretty much the best bend out there. Although you only get one, the Optic bend (I think there is a variation called the Aura bend, which looks really, incredibly, SERIOUSLY COOL 8) 8) 8) . I'm not sure if you get it because i don't have the DVD, but this guy gave a demo at my local magic shop, and it looked really cool. People say the elastic band trick sucks. I think it's just Quantum Bandits. The coin trick is, from what i've heard, OK. I like coins-across stuff, so i'd say it's pretty cool.

:arrow: Value for money:

Psychokinetic Silverware: $24.95. It's ok, because you do get a lot for your money. You even get a little bit at the end which shows a few street performances. All those bends are worth the price.

Mind Bender: $19.95. You only get one bend, and the bend is what you buy the DVD for. The two other effects are more 'bonuses' than effects, and you may not use them. But then again, the bend is really good.

:arrow: Overall:

Psychokinetic Silverware: 8/10; Some of the bends are "Hold the unbent fork, Mr. Spectator... Now open your hands and the fork is bent", but some are really visual. Check out the demo video.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=16

Mind Bender: 8/10; The only thing you really get is the bend, although you might use one of the 'bonus effects'. The good thing about this is it looks really, really good. you can bend it a bit, then show it, then bend it a bit more, and keep doing that and they won't see anything

As you can see, they are both pretty evenly matched, but one thing makes Mind Bender better: practicality. You're not going to go out on the streets with a table of forks like Banachek does in his shows, and you're not going to do a lot of the things on the DVD, but you WILL use Mind Bender.

So, in conclusion, get both, but if you HAVE to choose, get Mind Bender (and get Psychokinetic Silverware later 8) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:09 pm 
born to perform.

"I think it's just Quantum Bandits. The coin trick is, from what i've heard, OK. I like coins-across stuff, so i'd say it's pretty cool."

It is Crazy Man's Handcuffs. Quantum Bandits is a rip-off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:52 pm 
born to perform.

david_a_whitehead wrote:
"I think it's just Quantum Bandits. The coin trick is, from what i've heard, OK. I like coins-across stuff, so i'd say it's pretty cool."

It is Crazy Man's Handcuffs. Quantum Bandits is a rip-off.

That's absolutely right.

I watched the demo for mind bender. The rubber band trick is NOT Crazy Mans Handcuffs.

-- B.M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:52 am 
Penguin

I just said 'Quantum Bandits' because that's what it's called on this site, and some newbies may not know what i meant.