View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Loops
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:25 pm 
Penguin

Hi.

Brand new to magic but already an addicted amatuer.

I have a few kinda self-working gimmicks already (haunted key, stripper decks, scotch and soda, TT, raven, magnetic 10p) which I bought to use on my friends and family while I learn some 'real' conjuring. (I bought Bobo's coin bible for this but have now discovered that UK coinage has shrunk so much it's probably gonna be too difficult for me to do even the simplest palms or sleights using them)

Anyway...I have a load of IT, both unstripped, and on a reel. I can float a bill and other bill-like objects, but I have no idea how to use a loop to do anything. Now, I know no-one can tell me how to employ loops on the forum, EDITED me some advice? I will be putting the time and practice into learning manipulation, but I am not a fast learner and would like to be able to fry right now with IT and loops while I learn card and - hopefully- coin manipulation.

Oh, I purchased instant download of Quick Trick 3 days ago and am practicing this fantastic trick like crazy. EDITED

Hope someone can advise me on the loop thing.

EDITED
Exposure
Direct exposure or links that expose magic secrets or that damage a product or inventor is strictly prohibited. Additionally, offers and/or requests for exposure of magic secrets that damage a product or inventor are also prohibited. This includes the performance of sleights.

Personal Contacts
Requesting that someone PM, email, Instant Message or otherwise contact you off the public board is not allowed. The reason for this rule is from a long history of abuse. While there might be legitimate reason/s for this sort of request, let's face it... most of the time it's to trade secrets. So please do not request someone to contact you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:48 pm 

I know your new, so you might want to go over the rules to the forums.

as for the help you requested, we cannot really tell you how to use loops, but if you have ever used IT before, you can move things with loops, do a "haunted deck" routine, and a "rising card: routine, as well as make objects float. My advice to you is to get the million dollar knot. It comes with elastic IT, and VERY good instructions and routines.

Good luck with your other instant download!

AND Welcome to the boards!

Elimin8or23

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:10 pm 
Penguin

Thanks for the advice Eliminator (I used to have an eliminator 250 btw - a nice blue one) and sorry for contravening the rules. I did read the regs before posting, but I fear my enthusiasm may have go the better of me during my post. I will endeavour to keep my posts within the limits of the required criteria from now on :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:59 am 
born to perform.

well, it sounds like you need to go to the forum just for the loops. theres a private discussion just for this. its on the bottom of the forum menu. you'll find it