View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Psychokinetic Touches by Banachek (Book)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:17 pm 
Penguin

just wondering if this is worth teh money.... and is it good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:25 pm 
Penguin

I have the book and I spoke with Banachek about it. Unless you are ... how do i say this .... practice alot to "get it down" then prolly dont buy this. it takes alot of practice and good story telling to make it work well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:19 pm 
born to perform.

storytelling, well, it uses suggestion. and thats what you'll need to practice as well as the actuall workings of the effect. to a working mentalist, its worth a fortune. to just about everyone else, its a bunch of pipe dreams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:56 am 
born to perform.

I personally think that the DVD is better then the book.

I'd advise going with the DVD, it is one of the best one's for fork/spoon bending routines.

Just MY opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:41 am 
born to perform.

They are both great. The only differnce I got was I learn easier from DVD's than book's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:09 am 
born to perform.

discjokey's answer to everthing is suggestion. Sure you can put some suggestion into PK touches, but it doesn't "work" via suggestion. The best thing you can describe this as in its simplest form: Dual Reality. This effect is the most underrated, underexplored and underpriced routine in all of mentalism. It is worth far far more than the asking price, and yes M_B far far more than any of those DVDs in the Banachek set. More than the contact mind reading even. Many a mentalist pro has used pk touches to great success in his show and it remains one of mentalism's best kept secrets. So should you buy the manual? Probably not at this time because I seriously think it is more advanced than you think it is. Even upon casual reading the first time you will toss it aside unless you are experienced in mentalism (and I mean more than just the 13 steps).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:16 pm 
born to perform.

The DVD is easier to understand than the book. Like Kendonaga said, it's easier for most people to learn from seeing than reading, hence buy the DVD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:38 pm 
Penguin

I'm sorry but what are you guys actually talking about ? I've never heard of a video teaching banachek's psychokinetic touches and I don't think there is. The only source I'm aware of is the little booklet which is so cheap I don't know why people really hesitate to get it.

Is it worth it ? only if you use it. I can't tell you if you'll use it as I don't know you but you won't find any worth in this effect if you let it sit on your bookshelf. I would say get it, read it, understand it and try it. If it doesn't work, try again as this is not the kind of things that will automatically work on the first time. Accuracy with this only comes with practice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:13 pm 
born to perform.

partyboy...you are right.

when i first read the message i was under the impression that they were talking about his recent PSI set vs. the pk touches manuscript. in re-reading the posts I can see how you think that some people are thinking of a pk touches video. banachek (nor any other performer) has no such thing on the market. If you want to learn pk touches, best to get the manuscript. that is until lior manor publishes his work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:21 pm 
Penguin

I actually just purchased this booklet a few days ago, because I saw a similar effect on TV and I was really impressed. I did a little research beforehand, so I understood the material that it contained might seem disappointing or dumb, and most people would add it to their drawer of unused items. Peoples comments conveyed to me that it was indeed a great trick, and that those who actually tried it achieved great results.

As I was anxiously reading the first page, I saw a quote from Richard Osterlind: " Most people will read the effect, not put any thought into it, or time, and never perform it, which is fine by me."

This is okay because the effect will remain exclusive for the performers who are ready.
Although I had prepared myself beforehand, when I learned the method I was still surprised. I decided to be bold and try it. The actual 'trick' is very easy, its mostly the presentation that you need to work on (like most tricks). But you can't really practice without spectators..

So I went ahead and tried it on my parents. I was surprised and happy that it worked, my dad swore I touched him, and my mom swore I only touched her.. but somehow he felt it.

I tried it again the next day at school, with 4 people. Again I achieved success. 3 witnesses said I didn't touch the guy, but he was sure he felt the touches. Everyone saw that I touched the person standing far away. Interestingly enough, a guy passing by who stopped to watch was also a magician. He was baffled as well, since he only knew a method using IT.

So far, so good. I'm hoping to add it into my show soon. :wink:

Post subject: Re: Psychokinetic Touches by Banachek (Book)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:02 pm 
born to perform.

puffinmonkey wrote:
just wondering if this is worth teh money.... and is it good?

Yup.

Brucelee

Post subject: Lior Manor
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:07 am 
Penguin

Get Manor's Invisible Touch - while most uses ITL, he does a version of Banachek's PK Touch (sans explanation). So if you put this together with Banachek's PK touch booklet - you are there. This is strong material for the serious mentalist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:28 am 
Emperor Penguin

Lior Manor's Invisible Touch is fine to mix with PK Touches. But it has it's limitations. But it depends entirely on how you wish to perform the effect.

If you're looking to perform on a stage, you are going to be completely blocking your audience from seeing what is going on.

In a close-up setting, your spectators have to be viewing you from the side, but they are still not going to see everything. Only the hand on their side. Which leaves doubt that you didn't actually touch your spectator.

Which is where you can move into the PK Touches to bring the effect home.

Invisible Touch has very bad viewing angles. Your spectator is blocking view, you are blocking view. The audience members only have a clear view of your hand closest to them. Mix that with their depth perception, they cannot be 100% certain that you didn't touch them with your hands, even though you certainly did not.

With that said, personally I would not perform Manor's Invisible Touch by itself. You need to mix it up with another Dual Reality effect to even bother. Banachek's PK Touches is the only other one in that sense, that I know of.

But his DVD IS worth the price you pay. The effect is great. And the extras are definately worth it.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:01 pm 
Penguin

PK Touches is a great secret and works awesome if you are a good performer. I want to stress the performance aspect of it because it will be obvious to any lay person what is happening. I like to use this effect in the middle of my set, AFTER I have already done an "aura clensing" for a different effect (any mentalism effect can use "cleansing" if the patter is correct) This will condition the audience and make the effect way less obvious. Is it worth the price? I wish it sold for $500 to keep the secret safe longer- yes it's that good.