View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stage Illusions - Looking to start designing-Help Anyone?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:06 pm 
Penguin

Hi!
I already know a bit about Stage Illusions, and I was looking to start designing them (building too!).
Does anyone have advice on this? Anyone? Please?!?
-C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:35 pm 
born to perform.

Andrew Mayne makes some good desing books. heres the site www.weirdthings.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:06 pm 
Penguin

hey im doing the same thing as you! am building and desinging my own illusions too.
good for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:20 pm 
Penguin

I have most of Andrew Mayne's books now, my local magic shop was out of stock when I posted that! LOL! Thx alot though!

Would anyone like to share an idea? Not to steal it, of course, but to just listen to other magicians ideas...

-C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:38 pm 
born to perform.

hey guys !

Ive done building my illusions 2 weeks ago. Here is the effect of my illusions. 2 barricades are on stage , an assistante come with a long curtain and she rise it and then put it back on the floor ( very quick ) I appear with a other assistante in the middle of the stage. After a corregraphy(sp?) the 2 assistantes tie my hands with chains. The two assistantes walk with me on a plate-form. They rise a curtain arround the plate-form and they step away of the plate-form. After a other corregraphy they shut the curtain down . BOOM its a other assistante standing at my place and as for me, I appear on the back of the audience!

thats it !

Hope you like it !

I will probably shoot a video later !

For my advice, all im going to say is , make a budget for your illusions , IT WILL COST YOU MORE THAN YOU THINK! And if you have the choice , dont do them with cheap stuff , good quality is always better ! And if you are ready to spend over 800$ in illusions , think about making a show with them that will give you more than 800$ at the end of the line. For finishing , you should also think about transporting your illusions.

Good luck on your project!

Raph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:15 pm 
Penguin

Thx alot!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:24 pm 
born to perform.

Raph wrote:
hey guys !

Ive done building my illusions 2 weeks ago. Here is the effect of my illusions. 2 barricades are on stage , an assistante come with a long curtain and she rise it and then put it back on the floor ( very quick ) I appear with a other assistante in the middle of the stage. After a corregraphy(sp?) the 2 assistantes tie my hands with chains. The two assistantes walk with me on a plate-form. They rise a curtain arround the plate-form and they step away of the plate-form. After a other corregraphy they shut the curtain down . BOOM its a other assistante standing at my place and as for me, I appear on the back of the audience!

sweeet...im working on 1 where i have a large object...right now im using like 2 12in subwoofers for it...i place them on a table and put a sheet over them and within a sec. i pull it right off and they have vanished, only to appear inside a locked box on the otherside of the stage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:16 pm 
Penguin

Thx for those , they sound great! Anyone else with advice/ideas for stage illusions!?!??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:45 pm 
Penguin

i actually need a design for the interlude illusion. i dont like the one on the market. i saw a picture of it, and thats how i learned how to do the illusion.
it's so obviouse.
does any body have any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:37 pm 
Penguin

you should get andrew maynes book illusiontech. In it it has some small but effective illusions you can buy under 5 $, and some that will cost over 1,000 $. So if you are going to do a real show and want to spend the money to stun your audeince then get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:38 am 
Penguin

Yes, I actually have Illusontech, and Body Morphing now. illusionbook still hasn't come in for my local magic shop. Anymore ideas anyone?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:56 pm 
Penguin

I built a Metamorphosis trunk, next I think I'll build a Zig Zag box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:39 pm 
Penguin

where can you find plans for the Zig Zag?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:02 pm 
Penguin

Ummm... I think that there is a few books (one being Classic Illusions) that have it, but a few lay books also do (Great Magic Secrets Revealed). Also you can find it on the internet i think... just keep looking!
Hope that helped!
-C

Post subject: Illusions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:00 pm 
Penguin

If you are looking for illusion plans, here is a great link:http://hamiltonholtinc.site.yahoo.net/index.html

Osbourne plans are some of the best that you can get for individual plans.

I have designed seven of my own original illusions. It is a lot less expensive to build illusions yourself. The only problem is that the level of quality is not as good.

I'm not sure about Interlude plans. I don't know where you can get them. The problem is that if you plan on taking the original and redoing it, that is basically breaking the copyright laws against it.

Just remember that if you design any of your own original illusions, to check and see if anything like that exists on the market. It is possible that the trick already exists. There can be problems that arise if you do that. Performance rights are another thing that you have to worry about.

If you have anymore questions about illusions, feel free to ask me.

Nate