View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: In need of amazing tricks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:53 pm 
Penguin

I'm looking for a couple tricks that I can perform at a benefit show in may.... I want them to blow people away..... suggestions??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:12 pm 
Penguin

Metamorphis by Houdini...we need to no a price range before we can start namin some tricks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:58 pm 
born to perform.

Suggestions? Find another magician to do it. You can't get a stage show together in that short of time. If you don't already have a good show, don't expect to have one by then. Now I know exactly what you're going to do. You're not going to listen to me and go buy a couple cheap tricks and perform them. Sure you could do that, but it won't turn out very good, believe me.

If you're not a stage magician, don't advertise yourself as one. Stick to close-up. That's like an ice cream man telling people he can sell you stock. They are the opposite of each other and if you can't do it, don't tell people you will. There is a lot to learn about stage magic other than the tricks.

-Tyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:50 am 
Penguin

I'm not looking for a stage routine.....It'll be more of an intermission type thing for the bands that are playing....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:00 pm 
born to perform.

CorruptKiss07 wrote:
I'm not looking for a stage routine.....It'll be more of an intermission type thing for the bands that are playing....

Okay, you still need a routine. You can't just go up and do a trick...
-Tyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:23 am 
Penguin

ok then..... do you have any suggestions for a good stage routine. It woul dhelp If I could construct the tricks instead of buying them. If I can't construct them then I have about a 500 dollar budget.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:15 pm 
born to perform.

Dude , listen to Skate13 . You're not ready to do this. If you think you can build and perfect a stage routine in that short of a time frame, it's pretty obvious that you don't know what you're doing .

Trust me ! One of two things will happen. Either it'll be a complete debacle. Or you'll pull off a couple of half a$$ed tricks by the skin of you're teeth. Either way you'll end up giving magic and magicians a bad reputation.

If you're really devoted to the art , study it . I mean really study it before you try to do something that you're clearly not ready for.

I'm really not trying to be so harsh with you , man. You need to understand that there's more to a stage routine than just props. There's the mastering of those props, along with staging, timing, direction, patter, choreography......etc..... And yes. Choreography means how you walk and move onstage. It doesn't always mean dancing. I can tell that you're young by the contents off your original post. But, all of these things (and many others) make or break a performance. So unless you've had experience or training , think twice about doing this show .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:10 pm 
born to perform.

Check out "The Secret Illusion Show" by Andrew Mayne. Easy to make and cheap illusions in there.