View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Help!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:42 pm 
born to perform.

I dont know how to get popular. I want to start doing B-Days. I dont know how peple will find out about me though.
Could somebody please help me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:55 pm 
Emperor Penguin

You want to use magic as a popularity tool? Not until you respect the art should you get advice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:03 pm 
born to perform.

what I mean was I want to do shows. I do respect the art of magic more than you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:41 pm 
born to perform.

can someone please help me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:14 pm 
Penguin

do what i do go to schol do magic and if they like it give them a bisness card and say u will do it for a cheap price

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:30 am 
Penguin

First Off this shouldn’t be in the stage section.

But I will do my best to help you since I am currently starting my birthday magic business.

The first thing I will tell you is it wont be cheap to get a strong start in the business. You must invest in things for your business and also in making yourself the best you can be.

You must become the ultimate children’s performer. This means read like never before. If you haven’t read at least a handful of books or watched numerous videos geared towards birthday parties. Than I would suggest putting it off another couple months until you have done this. Its true that you cant learn everything from books and videos but it will give you such a greater understanding on how things are done. Hopefully these learning materials will help you create a persona that is book able and just as important re-book able.

As for the business. You must have a dedicated phone line. A parent booking a party who gets your parents answering the phone will not want to pay you what a show is worth and that’s a fact. Secondly get yourself in the yellow pages for next year. (unfortunately mine just came out and I missed it, so I’m screwed until next year) The first place parents will look is those yellow pages and your name has to be in there in order to be in the game.

There is so much more I could tell you but if you have read enough marketing material that is covered in most of those books and videos then you should be all right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:34 pm 
Penguin

Get a copy of "The Happy Birthday Business" by Frances Marshall. That will get you on your way.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:48 pm 
Penguin

Make a website with info how to book you. Then go out and do street magic and give people your card with website/phone number on it. If you preform well, and people like you-you will sart getting gigs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:23 am 
Penguin

never embarass anyone in your magic, always make the child / volenteer look like the star

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:00 am 
Penguin

never embarass anyone in your magic, always make the child / volenteer look like the star

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:57 am 
Penguin

Henry_jr wrote:
do what I do go to schol do magic and if they like it give them a bisness card and say u will do it for a cheap price

NO!!! Do not do shows for 'cheap' you will be undercutting other professional magicians who have invested more than you will ever know to become what they are today. Yes, if you are just starting out charging $200, or what ever the price range is in your area is, would not be the way to go but being 'cheap' isn't any better.