View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Fire for stage
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:44 am 
Penguin

I've been trying to come up with some of my own Ideas for a show, and I have a great one if I can figure out a way to do it.
I would love to figure out how to light myself on fire and all of that pyro technic stuff, I think it would really add to the show, but I don't know where to start. I've tried searching on penguin magic and I did find pyro maniac, but I need a full body suit, and some stuff to make humongous flames from the stage, I think they're called fire pans?

So my question is, where is the best place to find pyrotechnics, information and products.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:22 am 
born to perform.

Please tell me you're kidding !!!

You need to realize that doing something so dangerous is just that DANGEROUS! Before one can even consider doing anything like you've described, You're talking many , many YEARS of professional training and instruction. Not to mention having a full sized emergency staff on hand and on site at all times. Even with all of that, there are no guarantees !

The people who do this in the movies are highly skilled professionals with many years of extensive training, with the fire professionals right there. Even with all of that , there have still been accidents. Some of them fatal !

There are other ways of adding to your show than setting yourself on fire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:30 am 
Penguin

I have known a lot of magicians that have done fire eating over the years AND the one thing they will all tell you is that no matter how careful you are, no matter what precautions you take, you WILL get burned doing this type of act. It is a dangerous thing to learn and do no matter what and as such it should only be undertaken by an adult and with many precautions. Best to find an experienced performer who has done this for years to teach you if you decide that you simply must learn this.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:52 pm 
born to perform.

How old are you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:52 pm 
born to perform.

How old are you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:31 pm 
Penguin

try fire breathing and eating.

Post subject: Just looking to find out
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:39 am 
Penguin

I know I have to go through a lot of training to figure this out, but there's no way I'm gunna be able to figure out whether I even still want to do it or not untill i get some information. I just want to know where to go to learn the stuff, if I get there and it's not my thing, I'll probably just quit, but just sitting there saying it can't be done is something totally stupid( not to mention hippicritical of magicians)

It may turn out that in fact it actually CAN'T BE DONE, but I think it's at least worth investigating. So anny information you could give me will be appreciated.

P.S. thanks for the concern though.

Post subject: A new meaning to my ... "for my final trick"
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:19 pm 
Penguin

Even if you figure out how to do this, there are very few venues where you would be able to do this. I was going to fickle fire and fire eating but was not permitted at two different locations.

Lighting yourself on fire (other than being stupid) is not the sort of thing you could ever perform.

Post subject: oh man, I don't see how it could ever be done
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:00 pm 
Penguin

K the fire eating is cool, now who know's how to do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odhmtYMsE1w

in otherwords( how do I LIGHT MYSELF ON FIRE)

P.S. don't give me the whole i'm too freaking young bit again, I'm sick of it, I'm obviously not going to go light myself on fire right off the bat, I want to learn the correct way to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:39 pm 
born to perform.

Lighting yourself on fire is something that highly trained stuntmen perform using a special suit that costs a few grand. You also need to be wearing a mask, helmet, or some type of specialized facial protection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:09 pm 
Penguin

well i recently ordered a flash gun, which is a good effect for the stage with fire, except its safe and easy
i am gonna work it into a routine where i come out on stage with an empty paper sack, and i open it and turn it over and an 8 foot pole falls out. then i light the bag on fire and as it burnsi get the gun out, and shoot fire from the bag. (i know it is vague but its cool)

basically, what im saying, is that there are plenty of small scale fire effects you can do with no danger to yourself.
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:22 pm 
Emperor Penguin

http://www.stunt-training.com/courses/f ... ning.shtml

Go here sign up.

But yes I am going to tell you, you are too young and ignorant. You have no idea what your getting into. You have to be trained and hae money. Insurance will and is not cheap. You will need liability insurance, and alot of places wont cover that, and it wont be cheap. You will have to be at least 18 to get this.

And on top of that, dont come to a place full of little teens who have no idea about this stuff. Search to web, do some research of your own, if your really interested you would have done that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:43 pm 
born to perform.

Location: In a white room, With black curtains, At the Station
My moms freind lights him self on fire head to toe all the time in in the ripleys belief it or not

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:23 pm 
Penguin

I'd avoid the use of fire, unless the venue is such that it can easily accomodate such an act.

Insurance is a must, considering the likelihood of an accident. Without it, you'll end up paying out much of your earnings to a plaintiff, leaving you with no kind of life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:32 pm 
Penguin

FIRE IS NOT A TOY!
As a professional fire eater (20+years), years of practice and caution... I wear a few fire extinguisher patches on my coat.
Just because you seen MindFreak, seeing him on fire, it does not mean just anyone can do it. What you did not see was the professional instruction, time involved in planning, practice, possible heal times from mistakes in learning (and medical bills), and other related costs.

I have been changing my own performances, moving away from fire, not only for my own personal health, but my audiences too. Take a look at what happened at a rock concert a few years ago... TRAINED pyrotechnicians and they still had a fire with many deaths involved. I may like to make things vanish, but I do not like the thought that because of a stupid mistake made by me will have changed the lives of many in a negative way.

If you do choose to use ANY type of fire effects remember some simple rules...
1) Fire is to be respected at all times!
2) If by chance there is an accident, fire usually wins!
3) Practice with 2 other people (ADULTS) that hold fire extinguishers!
4) KNOW and UNDERSTAND what you are doing (and the 2 adults also know what is to happen)
5) Remember rule number 1!