View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:43 pm 
born to perform.

if it was for 4-5 year olds what tricks should you do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:46 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Location Location... Always the most important thing
Again, Visual effects. Kids love visual things becuase they can easly comprehend them in their mind. Also, making the kids laugh with tricks is great. Making yourself look kind of weird for example, in Mouth coils, you bringing 25' of coils out of your mouth makes them laugh, so they'll enjoy it. Easy to comprehend, visual, and big are some major keys in a good performance for kids... Look for those items...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:47 pm 
born to perform.

MagicMan135 wrote:
magic_reza wrote:
your kiddin me rite? :shock: 2 year olds! have fun and let me kno how it goes :roll: :twisted:

Simply out of curiousity, Only becuase you sound like you have been into performing magic for a couple years now...

Do you every perform magic? And also have you ever done magic for kids? Becuase with the way you came into this topic, it sounds like you know what your talking about. So I'm curious....

-magicman135

(P.S. *right, know*)

i have only been doing magic for almost 2 years now in June..and yea i have done a kids show and it was ranged from ages 3 on up to adults and the 3 year olds were pretty hard to get amazed cuz half the time they have no clue whats going on..but it IS possible just go for colored stuff..And i was just said that before because i thought it would be an awesome challenge and wanted to see how it went with kids that young. Sorry if it made me sound like i was @$$

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:38 am 
Penguin

Quote:
1 year old cousin turning 2 (he can't talk) and I have been asked to do a magic show

I have done kids shows for many years and will not take a show with kids under 5 years old. Two reasons:

1: As menitoned, the kids are too young to understand anything, visual or not. Kids at that age take everything for granted, and assume that what they see is real. Let them see mouth coils and they'll be stuffing paper in their mouth to copy it, and choke (seen it happen).

2: Kids break stuff. Fact of life. You get distracted once, and say bye-bye to hard earned money. And you can't blame the child or charge the parent, it always turns out ugly if you do.

I've been doing this for twenty years, and have learned this the hard way. This is only my opinion....and you know what they say about opinions.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

And keep the magic alive!......and unbroken.