View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hmmm... I need advice.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:14 pm 
Penguin

How could I convince my mom to let me get doves? I told her it would be my resposibility, but she is insisting no... Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:40 pm 
born to perform.

Listen to your mom. She knows best. Dove are a lot of work. If you want an animal, go for a rabbit. They aren't as annoying or as much work, but still a big responsibility.
-Tyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:05 pm 
Penguin

Doves are very good pets and are great for stage magic. I have one dove named Abra. It took me a couple year to finally convince my mom that i could take care of one. Acually that wasnt why she wouldnt let me get one, it was just simply that she didnt want anymore pets around. It took alot of showing her i was responsible and that i could pay for it all. I am 16 now and i love my dove and she loves me too. I have not yet used her in a show yet. She is still in training. Depending on how old you are, my advice to you is to wait a year or so and just think about if you have the time to put into it. Even without haveing to train it for a magic show doves need alot of attention and they love it. The more outside of the cage time the better. Once they know you are their care taker they will love when you are around. In the morning when my mom is up and out in the living room (thats where my dove is) my bird is quiet and knows that my mom is not her care taker, but as soon as my bird sees me coming up the stairs she starts cooing and knows its me and wants out of her cage. so unless you know that you have the time and the patients to take care of a bird let alone train one that i would recomend not getting one until you know you can take care of one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:23 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Ruby city next to the Emerald city. Bob is wearing the Emerald Sneakers.
A good starter would be Roxie Racoon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:14 pm 
Penguin

I am 15... I love animals, especially birds. I had a parakeet for a long time, and I was very close with it. My mom just doesn't like birds... I dunno... I really want a dove, they are really cool animals, and I would imagine a challenge to work with, which is good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:16 am 
born to perform.

do you have any pets at the moment? If so, take care of it for a while, to show your mom that you are good with animals.