View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:28 pm 
born to perform.

no,no,no
i can juggle extremely good
i got so upset about my briefcase and i thought the ppl saw how i did it that i juggled bad
i can juggle ball for like 5 min aand rings for 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:33 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I agree with David as well. First, you are a sore loser. I mean, seriously, someone did better then you. They probably knew what they were diong, and didn't make the mistakes you did.

It really doesn't look like you practiced much, or that you really knew what you were doing. Part of being a magician is knowing what you are going to do. Now, you can't know exactly everything that's going to happen, but you try to make sure everything you have works.

With the briefcase, you should have checked that everything was right before you went on. And the way you brought it out in the first place, wasn't that good. It makes the effect less surprising if you bring out the briefcase the way you did, because you simply didn't handle it like a briefcase.

The fumbling with props was pretty bad as well. Why were you taking them out and then putting them away right away? It really didn't make sense to me.

I really didn't get the whole point to joker tube. It seemed quite pointless to me. You kept putting balls in a tube, and then taking them out. I like magic that actually has somewhat of a reason behind it.

The torn and restored newspaper was alright, but I highly suggest learning a new version. Check out Gene Anderson.

The juggling should just have not happened. You didn't look practiced at all. Really, you didn't seem ready for this show. And if you aren't ready, just wait for next year.

Finally, if you can't take criticism, don't do magic. People are going to criticize you. They are going to tell you where you screwed up, and where you could do better at. If you can't take that though, don't do magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:36 pm 
Emperor Penguin

flight2 wrote:
no,no,no
i can juggle extremely good
i got so upset about my briefcase and i thought the ppl saw how i did it that i juggled bad
i can juggle ball for like 5 min aand rings for 2
Really, that's not extremely good. You have a lot of pracitice to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:32 pm 
born to perform.

was that your table?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:41 pm 
born to perform.

ya
u gotta problem with it
its cooler than yours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:48 pm 
Emperor Penguin

flight2 wrote:
ya
u gotta problem with it
its cooler than yours
What's your problem? You're not going to get much repsect, or help here if you keep acting the way you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:09 pm 
born to perform.

Location: In a galaxy somewhere in the vicinity of Betelguese 5
fallingblood wrote:
flight2 wrote:
ya
u gotta problem with it
its cooler than yours
What's your problem? You're not going to get much repsect, or help here if you keep acting the way you are.

Gotta go with blood here, flight. It wasn't good. You needed lots of work before you go on, or should have at least worked with a partner. The stratosphere can be such a great effect, but people need to know what's going on.

I wasn't really sure of the flow of your routine, but that could have been due to the repetitive music, and bad camera angle.

On the up side, the crowd did seem to enjoy your performance, there were lots of cheers going on anyway.

As to the person who won, I think it speaks volumes about you when you resort to a homophobic slam on someone who plays the piano. It takes just as much practice to master the piano as it does to do magic, and from the amount of practice you seemed not to have done, I'd wager the piano man deserved to win.

In closing: Practice, practice, practice until your fingers bleed. Then practice some more. An amateur practices until he gets it right, then performs. A professional practices until he can't do it wrong, then practices just a bit more before he performs.

Cheers.
James Jay
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:19 pm 
born to perform.

flight2 wrote:
ya
u gotta problem with it
its cooler than yours

no its not cooler than mine mine is ten times better than yours but mine was expensive;I was just looking for a side table to have with my act that does not cost three hundred and fifteen dollars;so stop being an [edited] and could you please tell me where you got it :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:39 pm 
born to perform.

i got it at an auction for like 5 bucks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:51 pm 
born to perform.

flight2 wrote:
i got it at an auction for like 5 bucks

oh okay then

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:17 am 
born to perform.

jamesjay1 wrote:
fallingblood wrote:
flight2 wrote:
ya
u gotta problem with it
its cooler than yours

Gotta go with blood here, flight. It wasn't good. You needed lots of work before you go on, or should have at least worked with a partner. The stratosphere can be such a great effect, but people need to know what's going on.

I wasn't really sure of the flow of your routine, but that could have been due to the repetitive music, and bad camera angle.

On the up side, the crowd did seem to enjoy your performance, there were lots of cheers going on anyway.

As to the person who won, I think it speaks volumes about you when you resort to a homophobic slam on someone who plays the piano. It takes just as much practice to master the piano as it does to do magic, and from the amount of practice you seemed not to have done, I'd wager the piano man deserved to win.

In closing: Practice, practice, practice until your fingers bleed. Then practice some more. An amateur practices until he gets it right, then performs. A professional practices until he can't do it wrong, then practices just a bit more before he performs.

Cheers.
James Jay
8)

i have practiced and i had my routine perfect. These are the problems i had.
1. My headset wasnt working so nobody coul hear me.
2. My briefcase didn't work (I set it up right before they called my nae and i could tell it wouldn't work)
3. I was nervous and jugled like a piece of crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:19 pm 
Emperor Penguin

flight2 wrote:
i have practiced and i had my routine perfect. These are the problems i had.
1. My headset wasnt working so nobody coul hear me.
2. My briefcase didn't work (I set it up right before they called my nae and i could tell it wouldn't work)
3. I was nervous and jugled like a piece of crap.
Those weren't the only problems though. The one that stuck out most in my head is that you kept taking props out, and then putting them away right after. It distracts the audience, and looks very unprofessional. So it really didn't look like your routine was perfect. Just take some advice, instead of making excuses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:38 pm 

You gotta admit, it did look pretty bad...

You were in a TALENT SHOW, not a dealer demo.
Magic isn't in the presentation and then putting away of the props.
You have plenty of props. Now, get some books (video if you must) on Presentation or join your school's drama class.

I attended a great lecture by one of our greatest stage performers. The name of the lecture? "Don't just do something, STAND THERE!" It was all about how you handle yourself on stage and how you present yourself to the audience. This is stuff that magic books just don't teach, and it's a shame too because if they did, we'd all be better magicians.

Don't give up, you have a good start. Just don't be offended by comments from people who are trying to help you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:35 pm 
born to perform.

ok
ya i noticed that i did pull out joker tube then put it away
i honestly did not mean to do that
i was nervous and thats y i did that and the bird i didnt keep it out long enough
ya i did really bad
i suck ok

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:47 pm 
born to perform.

ok and guys i have a question

since i want the show to be entergetic how do i have patter and how do I talk to them