View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ok almost everyone who preforms has blown a trick...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:11 pm 
born to perform.

recently while performing between bands and battle of the bands at my highschool i had just killed with the linking rings, and proceeded to multiplying golf balls and my routine, and i dropped the shell!!! :oops:

what is the worst that you have ever blown a trick (if ever)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:23 am 
Emperor Penguin

I really don't think I've ever "blown" an effect. Not saying that I haven't screwed up, because I have. But I always go along with it. One that stands out was when I was doing a coin matrix (one with four coins, and four cards). In the middle of it, I ended up making a coin fly out from under the card and across the room. No one noticed because I acted like it didn't happen. And I went on with the effect, modifying it just a little at the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:48 am 
born to perform.

likewise i just went on with the trick, and surprisingly a majority of the audience did not catch, but regardless, i have been breforming the golfballs for years and never had a problem, and then i dropped the shell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:14 am 
Penguin

I don't know if this is considered blowing a trick, but here it goes.

I was once performing a stage show, and I was about to go into a metal appearing cane. When I open it, it totally slices my fingers. OUCH!!! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:11 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Vice President of the cannot join unless you are Serbian club!
I was doing a trick on Monday actually, and it was that trick from 40 ways to Force a Card. Where the predictions match color and type.

I made the Queen of Dimonds and Queen of Hearts match but then i wasnt paying attention and made the 5 of Spades and 5 of SPades match!

It was a deck at school. I thought i blew it and he would think " That packy uses tools!" but he was just amazed....

To me, that was a screw up :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:59 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I once skrewed up a card trick, but kept going with the flow and worked around it, so they never knew i screwed up- as it should be handeld.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:54 pm 
born to perform.

I was doing a silk to egg and when i turned it into the egg and tried to crack it on the glass and the yolk and liquid fell on the floor and all that went into the glass was the shell :oops: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:23 am 
Penguin

i have never blown a trick in front of anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:42 am 
Emperor Penguin

I haven't "blown" a trick, but I have certainly messed up. For example, just yesterday, I accidentally dropped a card on my Erdnase Color Change (for the ACR I use), and because of that didn't get very good reactions for the rest of the routine. Would this be considered "blowing" a trick? I recovered, but it wasn't as good as it should have been because of that darn color change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:28 am 
Penguin

Never really out right blown an illusion, but once I had a gig and the stage was outdoors I was set to go on at 8:00 but ended up with a 2 hour rain delay. When we finally went on there was still about 96 % humidity. Everything was damp as h ell and only about half of the pyrotechnics fired.
Needless to say I never booked an outdoor stage gig again.

Another time I used a fire cage to produce my asst. at beginning of the act. She got about a 6 inch long cut on her back on a metal door stop. Not too deep but she was bleeding pretty good for awhile and did not know it.

I didn't spot it until about 15 mins. after, when she had crossed in front of me to deliver a load and I see her back covered with blood (she was in a tiny little short opened back black dress). I finished that illusion and whispered to her while we were taking a bow. "you cut your back and you're bleeding. Go get it fixed, change, and tell the crew to cut to the audience participation segment next. That gave her 15 mins. to take care of it. Then she was back out to finish the show. I don't think anyone knew what had happened.
Before the next gig I padded that door stop so that would never happen again.
It could have been a lot worse it was more of a deep scratch than a cut. Which is still a lot better than getting ate by a tiger.

I can go on and on. The longer you perform the more little mishaps happen. It's called being human and as the bumper sticker says Sh it happens.
And if someone tells you they've never had something go wrong that could only mean one of two things:
1. They're lying
or 2. They haven't worked very many shows and they have just been extremely lucky.

Matt Stephans Magic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:22 am 
born to perform.

One time I was doing cut and restored rope. As I was trimming the rope in the second segment, I cut a big chunk of skin out of my left hand. I finished the trick, but the audience was freaking out, because I was bleeding all over the place. Luckily it was only for family though. That was last Thanksgiving and I still have a scar there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:21 pm 
Penguin

i once screwed up with my "coin thru can" trick and everyone heard wut they shouldn't have heard...... lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:56 pm 
born to perform.

Well we all will screw up, no ones perfect. But if you do screw up a trick, which I have, go around it like other people said here, make humor out of it. There are many ways of doing things fi you screw up.

When I pratice I perplusly miss up and see what I can do to make it better again.

-MagicTay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:52 pm 
born to perform.

juggleguy wrote:
One time I was doing cut and restored rope. As I was trimming the rope in the second segment, I cut a big chunk of skin out of my left hand. I finished the trick, but the audience was freaking out, because I was bleeding all over the place. Luckily it was only for family though. That was last Thanksgiving and I still have a scar there.

Sorry, I just can't help laughing at that. "And now, the cut and restored finger!!!"

~Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:53 pm 
born to perform.

I was doing a (presetup) card through window, and when it was time to throw the deck at the window, I didn't feel like picking up 52 pieces of cardboard off the floor. So I decided it would be 'more magical' to put the deck in the box and then chuck that at the (curtain covered) window; see, then the card would fly OUT OF THE BOX and appear on the other side.

Sadly the glass in said window was about 70 yrs old, so from the other side of the curtain as the deck hit (I didn't even throw it very hard) I heard some disturbing tinkling sounds.

Yes I had created a nice spidery impact crater. The most distresing thing was that my force had some how messed up (i still don't know how to this day) and it was the WRONG FREAKIN' CARD staring at them through the cracked window pane. Blah!

Sean