View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: next years talent show
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:34 pm 
Penguin

hig guys im aready planning my talent show for next year i posted a post aready about this tears talent show and i have won 1st place with my parasols . and this year im doing my bisection,floating rose,and my dove act all together is about 10 min and does anyone have any ideas on how to make them go into each other .and what trick should i do 1 ,2,3,or forth so guys can you please halp me

thanks,
~~~Henry~~~~

Post subject: Re: next years talent show
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:47 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Ruby city next to the Emerald city. Bob is wearing the Emerald Sneakers.
Henry_jr wrote:
hig guys im aready planning my talent show for next year i posted a post aready about this tears talent show and i have won 1st place with my parasols . and this year im doing my bisection,floating rose,and my dove act all together is about 10 min and does anyone have any ideas on how to make them go into each other .and what trick should i do 1 ,2,3,or forth so guys can you please halp me

thanks,
~~~Henry~~~~
Well I know it is stage you are doing or usually talent shows have a stage you use. Well for your rose you could use Rose from a Card and produce the rose and then floating rose but that is another trick. I can't think of a way to make ALL of them flow. Mine was just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:03 pm 
Penguin

Ok...this is my random imagination. Here is goes:

Before you start, have your Bisection blanket/sheet at your feet. You can just take it up there when you go up I guess and lay it down. Then start off with your Dove Act for the opener, then pluck a rose from your final dove (I don't know how you can do it, maybe pretend to pluck a tail feather). Then you can go into your Floating Rose routine, and at the end toss it high into the air, and quickly raise the blanket/sheet. As the rose falls (I think most of the audience would of watched the rose go up waiting for it to turn into something, but thats just my opinion) you bring down the blanket to reveal half your body. And finish by coming back up.

Hows that sound? It was a little hard trying to fit those three effects into one routine. Tell me what you think though. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:37 am 
Penguin

ohh ok i got an idea thanks well 1 of my birds are red so i can pull flash paper of and act like thats the feather ok thanks you helped alot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:54 pm 
born to perform.

or!!! use a high-quality strong reel to bring up the sheet, let it fall, and do bisection as it comes back down.
(you'd have to be REALLY fast to pull it off, but it would look cool 8)

Post subject: Make it grand
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:29 am 
Penguin

It does not matter so much what order but how you present them. You have to make your last effect bigger, your finale. I would start off with your dove act, then turn your final dove into the rose (check out peter loughran's "Black Hole", that will work well.) Then move into your bisection. Take your time with this one, slow down A LOT. I wish you the best.

P.S. I STRONGLY recommend choreographing this to music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:42 am 
born to perform.

I like starting an act with doves, fire magic ( to misdirect ) Sometimes i even unroll a moth coil and i make a dove appear in the paper, But i dont feel that bisection fit in there :? You know because doves, floating rose, It's kind of magic you put music and people watch and at the end tears apear because its so ... it's hard to explain but you know, and then you cut yourself in half? until you found a nice way to get in the effect, i'd say it don fit there nicely.