View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Manipulation Routine
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:53 am 
Penguin

Hi, I'm new to Penguin and absolutely love this site. I come from Germany, so up til now I ordered from a Swiss magic site. But they don't have that much variety to chose from, so I decided to switch to Penguin.

Anyway, I'm planning to put together a stage/parlour routine in style of Lance Burton. I have been doing magic for about 4-5 years, am thirteen years old and would consider myself pretty good for my age. I am a pretty fast learner and am skilled at doing slights because I play the violin, so my fingers are quite nimble. After having tried out street magic, close-up and mentalism, I decided on learning manipulation. The show would be in little more than a year infront of about two hundred people, all around 60 years old.

I would like to do card manipulation and multiplying billard balls, so I have just purchased Art of card Manipulation 1-3 by Jeff Mcbride and Multiplying Balls white by Vernet, as well as some ball holders and manipulation cards. Other things I already own and would consider doing would be Fantasio silk to cane, a very visual silk color change without a dye tube, and my own version of torn and restored newspaper.
I was thinking about a candle manipulation routine, maybe in place of the billard ball multiplication, and was just wondering which books or DVDs I should buy. I want to do the routine with real wax candles, and not with the kind Fantasio sells. There are probably a lot of slights with candles descrided in the old books, but which book that is still avaidable today explains manipulation with real wax candles?

If you can reccomend something or make a sugggestion to my routine, please reply. Thank you in advance.