View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My Stage Act
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:23 am 
Penguin

i just posted this in another thread, but it really didnt fit there, so i will repost it here. sorry to those who read it twice. but tell me what you think of it. i will include some of the things i have in my juggling/ball/silk routine. i will not however include my full routine, nor the specifics of the tricks, just to prevent anyone from just copying what i have put together. well here it is:

multiplying balls- you make a ball appear out of thin air, then you manipulate it, make it disappear, reappear, then multiply into four balls.

Maybe zombie ball- a large silver ball floats with a mind of its own behind a large silk you are holding. The ball can go around your body, up in the air, then it can vanish if you desire. It can do many other things too. Your imagination is the limit with this one.

20th century silks- two solid color silks are tied together, placed in a glass, a third multicolored silk is shown, then vanished in any fashion you choose. When you pull the two solid color silks from the glass, you find that the multicolored silk has jumped in between the two silks and is now tied between them.

a crystal silk cylinder- a clear cylinder is shown empty, you cover it with another cylinder that is opec, usually has dragon designs or something on it, when it is removed, you can show anything you want to have appeared in the clear cylinder. You can also start with some silks in there at the beginning, and then change them into something else.

diminishing silk- honestly I don’t know where you can find this, it was taught to me. But you show a large silk, and then you roll it up into your left hand. Quickly your right hand goes to your pocket, and people will think that you ditched the silk in you pocket. You open your left hand to show that you never took the silk, but the silk has shrunken to about half its original size. You roll it up again and again you right hand jumps to your pocket. Again they think you have put the silk in your pocket, but you pull out the corner of the silk from your left hand, showing it is still there. You push the corner of it back into your hand, and this time there is no funny moves. You open your hands, and reveal them to be completely empty. It is very hard to describe and get the full effect across, but this is a great sucker trick.

a crystal tube three silks are displayed, and placed one at a time into the clear tube one at a time. After all three are in the tube, you blow them out into the air, and all three are now tied together. i do a slightly different variation of this though.

snap silk production with the production of a dove at the end- you show a single silk, and you grab one of its corners, then snap it out, and another colored silk appears tied at the end of the silk. You pull them apart, and snap the new silk, and again another silk appears tied at its end. You can repeat this numerous times. Then at the end, I would gather all the silks, and produce a dove from them.

I have a juggling gag where I juggle 2 racquet balls and a ping pong ball. you feebishly attempting to juggle them, but to know avail. You say there is one juggling trick you have learned, that is really more of a balancing trick. You through the ping pong ball up in the air, and catch it on your nose and it balances there. This gets applause, to which you straighten up to take your bow, but when you do, the ping pong ball is stuck to your nose. This has never failed to get a good applause, followed by a laugh, then more applause.

Card manipulations go great with a juggling theme.

This is more or less what I have come up with. I haven’t included everything I do, nor how I sequence them how I would when I perform them. Again, i didnt go into the specifics of what i do with each trick, just basicly what each trick essentially is. tell me what you think of it, and if you think it all fits together.

i have one last thing to add. the main reason i have posted this is because i typed basically the same thing under a thread in street magic, but the topic didnt really fit there. so i moved my post here. my routine is pretty set and stone, and i have no real desire to change it, that is unless i get some good advise on things i can add, or take away, or change. any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:31 am 
born to perform.

wow thats pretty good :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:02 am 
Penguin

Thanks. i would do some other stuff, but i think all of the above flow together real well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:57 pm 
Penguin

That'll be a really nice presentation for people to see, and humour involved! Nice work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:21 am 
Emperor Penguin

Looks like you have a silk fetish :lol: I do alot of silk routines as well, as they are very flashy and eye catchy. I do alot of custom things as well. I like to tie 2 silks together (red and blue) then place them around a spectators neck...I then take a unique looking silk that appears can be the only one of its kind...I then turn the silk invisible with my favorite method...ask the spectator to open his mouth...I then throw the invisible silk at him asking if he caught it...I then say oops...I think it went right thru your mouth...and...thru the back of your neck! He then takes off the 2 tied silks, and lo and behold there is the silk now visible tied between the red and the blue! :lol: Been doing that since i was little. So many options are available. I also do a burnt and restored white silk. I ask the audience what color i should change it to, most say red. So i say that is easy all i have to do is heat it up some...take my lighter and heat it...but oops! i acccidently burn it! i then blow it out and i say...well there you have it...the silk is now red...and...black! isnt that amazing? Of course they laugh and think yea right...I then tuck the burnt corner back down inside my hand with the rest of the silk and proceed to restore back to all white! So they are a few of my favorite silk effects. There is not enough time to list the rest :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:04 pm 
born to perform.

Thats a pretty good routine, what kind of reactions do you get with it?

Post subject: Re: My Stage Act
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:58 am 
born to perform.

tricky_troy wrote:
I have a juggling gag where I juggle 2 racquet balls and a ping pong ball. you feebishly attempting to juggle them, but to know avail. You say there is one juggling trick you have learned, that is really more of a balancing trick. You through the ping pong ball up in the air, and catch it on your nose and it balances there. This gets applause, to which you straighten up to take your bow, but when you do, the ping pong ball is stuck to your nose. This has never failed to get a good applause, followed by a laugh, then more applause.

Get 9 tennis balls. Say that you never tried this before & this is the first time ever attempted. You start juggling then they notice three balls are glued together then again and again so ur really only juggling 3 balls but in the begining of the gag they think its gonna be nine!

---Idea of Doug Hunt. My Friend who is also in the Guiness Book of World Records look for tallest stilts and he got i think 55 feet high stilts and his newest attemped was put in the books about 1 year ago--

--Mark--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:01 pm 
born to perform.

thats some freakin high stilts, but what does that have to do with magic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:57 pm 
born to perform.

well he does lost of things not only magic but the thing that sucks is that a few years ago he fell of stilts (not those tall ones, but short ones) and now he always has to wear a knee brace.

anyways i just said that because i was telling you who made up the juggling gag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:49 pm 
born to perform.

ahh, ok.

Post subject: Re: My Stage Act
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:36 am 
Penguin

tricky_troy wrote:
i just posted this in another thread, but it really didnt fit there, so i will repost it here. sorry to those who read it twice. but tell me what you think of it. i will include some of the things i have in my juggling/ball/silk routine. i will not however include my full routine, nor the specifics of the tricks, just to prevent anyone from just copying what i have put together. well here it is:

multiplying balls- you make a ball appear out of thin air, then you manipulate it, make it disappear, reappear, then multiply into four balls.

Maybe zombie ball- a large silver ball floats with a mind of its own behind a large silk you are holding. The ball can go around your body, up in the air, then it can vanish if you desire. It can do many other things too. Your imagination is the limit with this one.

20th century silks- two solid color silks are tied together, placed in a glass, a third multicolored silk is shown, then vanished in any fashion you choose. When you pull the two solid color silks from the glass, you find that the multicolored silk has jumped in between the two silks and is now tied between them.

a crystal silk cylinder- a clear cylinder is shown empty, you cover it with another cylinder that is opec, usually has dragon designs or something on it, when it is removed, you can show anything you want to have appeared in the clear cylinder. You can also start with some silks in there at the beginning, and then change them into something else.

diminishing silk- honestly I don’t know where you can find this, it was taught to me. But you show a large silk, and then you roll it up into your left hand. Quickly your right hand goes to your pocket, and people will think that you ditched the silk in you pocket. You open your left hand to show that you never took the silk, but the silk has shrunken to about half its original size. You roll it up again and again you right hand jumps to your pocket. Again they think you have put the silk in your pocket, but you pull out the corner of the silk from your left hand, showing it is still there. You push the corner of it back into your hand, and this time there is no funny moves. You open your hands, and reveal them to be completely empty. It is very hard to describe and get the full effect across, but this is a great sucker trick.

a crystal tube three silks are displayed, and placed one at a time into the clear tube one at a time. After all three are in the tube, you blow them out into the air, and all three are now tied together. i do a slightly different variation of this though.

snap silk production with the production of a dove at the end- you show a single silk, and you grab one of its corners, then snap it out, and another colored silk appears tied at the end of the silk. You pull them apart, and snap the new silk, and again another silk appears tied at its end. You can repeat this numerous times. Then at the end, I would gather all the silks, and produce a dove from them.

Card manipulations go great with a juggling theme.

This is more or less what I have come up with. I haven’t included everything I do, nor how I sequence them how I would when I perform them. Again, i didnt go into the specifics of what i do with each trick, just basicly what each trick essentially is. tell me what you think of it, and if you think it all fits together.

i have one last thing to add. the main reason i have posted this is because i typed basically the same thing under a thread in street magic, but the topic didnt really fit there. so i moved my post here. my routine is pretty set and stone, and i have no real desire to change it, that is unless i get some good advise on things i can add, or take away, or change. any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks

Good good.
Long, but good...