View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stage acts
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:51 pm 
Penguin

I do a little stage. For people who are just starting stage, try:
Multiplying balls
Card manipulation
I want to do some dove stuff but u have to get a license and everything.
For a card manipulation video try Jeff Sheridian. Jeff Mcbride's video is on three volumes but the Jeff Sheridian covers pretty much all three.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:39 pm 
Penguin

i do stage but i think my act really sucks... here it is

1. flash paper aided appearing cane, followed by a switch to dancing cane
2. d lite (2 of them)
3. stealth pen (i know it's not stage but there's audience interaction)
4. changing the same dollar to a 10 then back aided by a TT
5. i pretend to get thirsty and do Airborne using coke can
6. using change bag to make strands of red and yellow fuse to a vietnam flag (i live in a viet community)
7. card manipulation (productions)
8. linking rings (standard presentation)
9. multiplying bottles

Post subject: Nutcracker magic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:22 pm 
Penguin

Three years ago I was cast as a 'magician' (The 'magic' GodFather Drosselmeyer in the 'Nutcracker') and needed stage tricks timed to music. I required no talking, and it all had to happen in about 3 minutes.

I've done it annually for 3 years, and have been doing a spring flowers boquet to give to Clara, and then a vanishing silk (into thumb) re-appearing tied to Father's handkerchief, and finishing with ball of fire in the hand.

The dancing handkerchief sounds interesting. I tried vanishing cane but it didn't show up that great in the big auditorium. Anyone got any other ideas?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:22 pm 
Penguin

Three years ago I was cast as a 'magician' (The 'magic' GodFather Drosselmeyer in the 'Nutcracker') and needed stage tricks timed to music. I required no talking, and it all had to happen in about 3 minutes.

I've done it annually for 3 years, and have been doing a spring flowers boquet to give to Clara, and then a vanishing silk (into thumb) re-appearing tied to Father's handkerchief, and finishing with ball of fire in the hand.

The dancing handkerchief sounds interesting. I tried vanishing cane but it didn't show up that great in the big auditorium. Anyone got any other ideas?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:23 pm 
Penguin

Three years ago I was cast as a "magician" (The "magic" Godfather Drosselmeyer in the 'Nutcracker') and needed stage tricks timed to music. I required no talking, and it all had to happen in about 3 minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:23 pm 
Penguin

Three years ago I was cast as a "magician" (The "magic" Godfather Drosselmeyer in the 'Nutcracker') and needed stage tricks timed to music. I required no talking, and it all had to happen in about 3 minutes.

Post subject: Sorry, I got an error
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:25 pm 
Penguin

and accidently submitted my post multiple times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:39 pm 
Penguin

You must remember that the term stage is much different than it used to be. A lot of the effects that exist today for stage are now technically parlour... or small stage. Some are still used on big stages but in very large settings like theaters with a balcony you cannot really see cards, balls, or even razor blades for that fact. first 20 rows are prime seating for sure, however beyond that even a zombie ball effect kinda loses sight line interest.

So when it comes to stage work think it over. Is it stage.. or parlour?

Bizzaro.
www.smappdooda.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:48 pm 
born to perform.

Bizzaro wrote:
You must remember that the term stage is much different than it used to be. A lot of the effects that exist today for stage are now technically parlour... or small stage. Some are still used on big stages but in very large settings like theaters with a balcony you cannot really see cards, balls, or even razor blades for that fact. first 20 rows are prime seating for sure, however beyond that even a zombie ball effect kinda loses sight line interest.

So when it comes to stage work think it over. Is it stage.. or parlour?

Bizzaro.
www.smappdooda.com

When people do card manipulations you can definetely see it from a distance. Because white begins to appear. I know this because I've been to Lance Burton's show when he did card manipulation and saw it from the balacony. You can definetely see cards spirting out from his hands. Anyways, I'm not sure if you ment card tricks. But you said cards in general.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:28 pm 
Penguin

I work in Xanadu Cabaret in Toledo, Ohio and I have been doing close-up stuff. I started magic about 6 months ago, and local magicians that I have met say I am a quick study. My question is, does anyone have any suggestions for a stage show.. I want to do a very sensual, sexy, smooth show about 30 minutes. Otherwise I will lose my audience, at least most of them. Don't get me wrong, this is not a strip club, but more along the lines of a TRUE cabaret. I just don't know much about stage magic, or what to buy. I figured there are many professionals out there that have already been through this, their first stage show, I mean. I would like to do some illusions, and 50% audience participation. If there are any magicians in the Toledo area, I would LOVE to meet you. We are in the phone book! I have some vague ideas, and a limited budget. Thank You in advance!! :lol:

Velvet :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:28 pm 
Penguin

I work in Xanadu Cabaret in Toledo, Ohio and I have been doing close-up stuff. I started magic about 6 months ago, and local magicians that I have met say I am a quick study. My question is, does anyone have any suggestions for a stage show.. I want to do a very sensual, sexy, smooth show about 30 minutes. Otherwise I will lose my audience, at least most of them. Don't get me wrong, this is not a strip club, but more along the lines of a TRUE cabaret. I just don't know much about stage magic, or what to buy. I figured there are many professionals out there that have already been through this, their first stage show, I mean. I would like to do some illusions, and 50% audience participation. If there are any magicians in the Toledo area, I would LOVE to meet you. We are in the phone book! I have some vague ideas, and a limited budget. Thank You in advance!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:30 pm 
Penguin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:31 pm 
Penguin

I work in a cabaret in Toledo, Ohio and I have been doing close-up stuff. I started magic about 6 months ago, and local magicians that I have met say I am a quick study. My question is, does anyone have any suggestions for a stage show.. I want to do a very sensual, sexy, smooth show about 30 minutes. Otherwise I will lose my audience, at least most of them. Don't get me wrong, this is not a strip club, but more along the lines of a TRUE cabaret. I just don't know much about stage magic, or what to buy. I figured there are many professionals out there that have already been through this, their first stage show, I mean. I would like to do some illusions, and 50% audience participation. I have some vague ideas, and a limited budget. Thank You in advance!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:33 pm 
Penguin

I work in a cabaret in Toledo, Ohio and I have been doing close-up stuff. I started magic about 6 months ago, and local magicians that I have met say I am a quick study. My question is, does anyone have any suggestions for a stage show.. I want to do a very sensual, sexy, smooth show about 30 minutes. Otherwise I will lose my audience, at least most of them. Don't get me wrong, this is not a strip club, but more along the lines of a TRUE cabaret. I just don't know much about stage magic, or what to buy. I figured there are many professionals out there that have already been through this, their first stage show, I mean. I would like to do some illusions, and 50% audience participation. I have some vague ideas, and a limited budget. Thank You in advance!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:56 pm 
Penguin