View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Idea for a kids show
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:26 am 
born to perform.

Hey guys, I had an idea that I thought was kinda funny to me, that's why I want an opinion. I have a sick sense of humor and sometimes others don't get it. Anyway, you have a pvc ring with a curtain all the way around it, call a kid up on stage and tell him you are going to make everyone disappear but him, pull curtain over his head, show room bag whille lifting to top of curtain, tell kid to close eyes, place bag on kids head and simultaineously drop curtain, then say," Tada, you can't see anyone!"

I know the concept is not original or new, but before I try it, can you see any problems, other than the "volunteer" is really just the but of a joke? I figure being a volunteer, probobly wouldn't bother them much. Also, would use paper bag. I just thought the thing was hilarious, but like I said, I'm a little off center.

Thanks for any advice, criticism, sarcasm, whatever. :wink:

Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:40 am 
Penguin

I feel you have a good idea going. One thing to point out. Your volunteer needs to have some idea why you are going to put a bag on his head. Remember that you need a reason for doing everything. Can I suggest something else? This also saves on props. All you need are 2 paper sacks. On one of them draw two eyes on it and then place it inside the other bag and your ready to go. Have you volunteer come on stage and explain you will make everyone vanish but him. As with other magic tricks, we hide the secret. So with this illusion we will use a paper bag to hide the secret. Place the "bag" (2 bags) over his head making sure that the eyes on the inner bag are facing front. Have him fold his arms and not to move. This should keep him from taking off tha bag himself. Do your magic stuff and then take off the outer bag leaving the one with the eyes on it on his head. This will surprise even the audiance!

I have never done his, just thought of it. The only problem I forsee is taking off the outer bag. Either you might need to make the inner one a little smaller or the outer one a little bigger so they are easy to take apart. The other thing I just thought of is just use 2 different size bags. The audiance wont be suspecting anything but the voulnteer might think to himself that the bag feels smaller on his head than the one he saw you pick up.

Good luck. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:22 pm 
born to perform.

Excellent advice, thanks. I love the idea of two bags,(double bagger that rings a bell, :lol: )
it adds an element I had not thought of. I appreciate the help, I was thinking it might embarass the kid, but , I guess if they volunteer, they have a touch of ham in them in the first place. :wink:

Thanks

Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:16 am 
born to perform.

I dont know something about a bag on a kids head jsut doesnt seem so good > I mean from the Parents point of view and to the fact that kids are told and taught not to put bag on there head cause of sufacation..Just my two sents. It is funny but so are a lot of other things.Just my two sents and its worth every dime.. :D