View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Need Some Stage Effect Advice
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

Ok you seasoned performers out there, I have purchased and am awaiting the following and would like to know if anyone has these effects and if you use them in a stage setting. I plan on doing more kid shows, hospital shows, etc
Chin-Lee Water Suspension
Milk Pitcher/Comedy Funnel
Chinese Snowstorm
Zombie Ball (ordered improved gimmick and foulard)
Milk and Water Separation Effect
Impossible Block Penetration
Chinese Egg Bag

Of course I have other effects already, Pom-Pom sticks, Hippity Hop Rabbits, Magic Lollipops (Duane Laflin), Spikes thru Balloon, Sucker Die Box, Soft Soap, various silk routines (blendo, mis-made, change bags etc)

I also got Rope Magic of Tabary from Penguin and will do a review of it in the Review Section, suffice to say it is really excellent material and you could do a good 15 minutes with just his one routine. It is not that difficult from watching the DVD, Highly recommended
One last request I have the Mac Magic Sucker Die Box (red with doors on front and back) The instructions they provided are confusing at best, if anyone has some clear instructions for use with this type box could you please PM me or email me, Thanks, fcchief

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:36 pm 
Penguin

i would also reccomend the magic coloring book do a search here and u can find it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:00 am 
born to perform.

Can't go wrong with the Zombie Ball

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:12 am 
Site Admin

Already got the Magic Coloring book and magic crayons for the kiddies. May look into getting a good dove pan. Keep them coming!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:27 am 
born to perform.

I have some boxes that are held together by the lids....they are for vanishes and productions....I think Dragon Boxes but I could be way off....My partner and I rename almost everything because there aren't good memorable names for tricks...Cut and restored rope with Sankey's Hot nknot as an opener ROCKS also....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:47 pm 
Penguin

I am not familiar with the following effects:
Chin-Lee water suspension
Chinese snowstorm
milk and water separation
impossible block penetration
Chinese egg bag

I can guess that the chinese egg bag is similar to the regular egg bag, the block penetration is sticking a spike or something through a solid block, chinese snowstorm when wet pieces of paper dry and fly around. Could you describe the effets for me?.

I use the milk picture and Zombie on stage and if I am correct in guessing the effects above They would work for stage too. I use my egg bag on stage all the time.

Sometimes when in doubt, I perform them on stage but have the curtain closed. I do that for the egg bag but not the Zombie where I walk around more.

Hope I can help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:55 pm 
Site Admin

Chin Lee water suspension- Effect- you pour liquid in a glass which is then poured into a previously shown empty tube. You then can pass a silk or wand thru the tube proving it is empty. You then pass the glass thru and it comes out with the liquid back in the glass.
Chinese Snowstorm-Yes BBunnel you are correct, you place a tissue in water then take it out and fan it, resulting in a huge snowstorm.

Milk and Water seperaton- The performer displays a bottle, and two opaque covers resting on a tray. The bottle is empty. When the covers are lifted up, under them are two glasses, one full of milk, and the other fall of water. The contents of both the glasses are poured into the bottle, mixing the milk and water. The two empty glasses are then covered again by the two empty covers. The performer now makes magical gestures, and the milk and water in the bottle visibly diminishes.

Impossible Block Penetration- You display a block, tapping it on each side to show it is solid, there is a square tube (?) with holes cut out, you place 2 solid metal blades in the tube each about 1/3 down. You place the block on top and it visibly penetrates the first blade, then the second. Ending on the bottom.

Chinese Egg Bag is made out of Bamboo vice fabric but I am sure works on the same principle.

Any takers on the Sucker Die Box??? I could really use some help with this one.

When the bottle is completely empty, the two covers are lifted off the two glasses. And it is seen that one glass is full of milk, and the other full of water, the liquids having magically evaporated from the bottle, and reappeared separately in the two glasses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:28 pm 
Penguin

I think all of those effects are good for stage. I would suggest using music for the zombie and the Chinese snowstorm. As a matter of fact, try combining the Chin-Lee water suspension and the Chinese snowstorm and even the milk and water separation. Perhaps you could do that one first, and then use the water for the water suspension and then the snowstorm. Just an idea.

I love the sucker die box! I use it on stage and in living rooms. I don't use music for it because I get the kids so riled up. What kind of help are you looking for with the sucker die box?
Glad to help out un any way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:56 pm 
born to perform.

Sucker Die Box?

Get it this a hilarious routine if you do it right you can produce a bowling ball from the paper bag......hehehehehehe drives folks nuts....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:02 am 
born to perform.

Hi Chief

Get yourself a Dove-pan or better yet get a Double load pan (you can do 2 productions :D ) I have a regular one & have used it several times to gr8 effect (the last time was @ my friends 7year old daughters slumber party - in refection producing candy wasn't the best Idea for a slumber party :twisted: )

There is also a book called "Dove-pan-orama" which teaches loads of routines for the dove pan.
I have heard is excelent, but have not had the chance to purchase it yet.

Post subject: Stage Stuff
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:43 pm 
Penguin

How about the Dissapearing bandana\ bannna thing its a great trick Hillarious and mystical

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:24 am 
Penguin

Sounds like some really good stuff. I am a big fan of the Egg Bag, especially the Johnny Thompson or Martin Lewis routines and I always get a great response with the Vanishing Bandana as well. What about the No Tear Torn and Restored Newspaper?

Last edited by JJP161 on Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:58 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for all the input. Got a double load Dove Pan from Morrissey in Toronto coming, also got mis-made Teddy Bear, and Checker Pro Tube coming (Hank Lee if you want to read a description, it is an old classic).
Now one last question or rather assistance here, I purchased a comedy magic funnel, but it came with no instructions. I am tearing my hair out trying to figure it out. PM me if you think you can help. If not, guess I will have to call the place in Florida and wait for snail mail to Washington.