View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Do you sign an agreement Before the show?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:01 pm 
Penguin

Do you ever sign a payment agreement for a magic show? Maybe stating the payment amount. The rules you've set. Requirements. And the things you will be performing.
If so what does your signed agreement cover?
What kind of rules would you apply?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:31 pm 
born to perform.

Check into some contract info...that is what it is called. A Contract. Talk to a businessman or research it. Put your terms of payment and so on. It will come to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:03 am 
Penguin

Thanks for verifying that, but i'm still clueless on where to get contract info. Can i just make one up? or does it have to go through some kinda legal thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:58 am 
Emperor Penguin

TWISTEDLIQUID wrote:
Thanks for verifying that, but i'm still clueless on where to get contract info. Can i just make one up? or does it have to go through some kinda legal thing?

Make your own up. Or perhaps someone on here would be kind enough to post the one they use on here to act as an example for you.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:14 pm 
Penguin

I use a contract depending on the event. If I am doing a private birthday party I don't. If I am doing a show in say a mall, yes I use one. This is what I would include in the contract:

Date
Time
Place
Length of show
Total time (set up and take down)
Amount to be paid
When to be paid
Items to be suplied by the company or person hireing you. (sound system for example)
A hold harmless agreement - This states that if anyone on your crew gets injured, you will not hold the company or person hireing you responsible and any medical costs will be assumed by you.

Hope this helps
Bruce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:06 pm 
born to perform.

And don't forget to say that if you die in the in an escape effort, you won't sue them. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:57 pm 
Penguin

Good one astinus.

That sure helps a lot bbunnel. but just curious what would you consider doing for Private B-parties. A simple verbal agreement?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:01 pm 
Penguin

For personal birthday parties for people at their homes we just agree beforhand on a price and about how long the show should be. Out of all the years I have done shows, I have only been stiffed once but eventually got my money. I leave it up to them if they pay me before or after the show.
These types of shows are of the ones where there is little to no chance of anyone getting hurt. the biggest problem is crowd controll. So sometimes I do ask if they will keep the kids in a different room so I can set up and take down in private.

Bruce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:18 pm 
Penguin

hi, iam in the process of wrighting a contract and i was wondering what should i wright in the "fine print" :?:
Sam 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:12 pm 
born to perform.

Upon completion of this show, you are legally responsible to pay me $1,000,000.00, cash only.

^That's a start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:09 pm 
Penguin

Hey well I see some people need help with the contracts. If you would like send me an email at magicstyles@sbcglobal.net and I can send u a copy of my contract so you can get an idea of what to make.

I will explain a couple of details for you also:

1.)Pricing- When you are talking to someone about booking a show do not feel like you have to charge them a cheap price. Remember that nobody knows how good you are until you perform that show. And even then not too many people are familiar with magic so they will still think you are good. I have performed some of the worst performances I thought a magician could ever perform and still at the end I got a nice applause and everyone was telling me good job. Now whether they were serious or feeling sorry for me is another thing. :roll: When I first started performing stage shows at the young age of 14 :D I charged about 60$ for a 45 minute long magic show. Now at the old age of 15 (lol) I charge about $135 a show. That is also including factors on whether there is going to be any specific needs, traveling fee's, etc...
For your first couple of shows I would reccomend the price of 60$.
If you were to perform for a non-profit organization try and work out a payment with them.

2.)When to give out the contracts:
I would suggest contracts EVERY SINGLE TIME you perform. I would be more cautious performing at a private event than at a buisness in payment terms. When I book a show with a customer I let them know they will be recieving a contract within the next couple of days to go over and sign then return back to me in the S.A.S.E. I provide with them. That way if anything at all does occur, such as a check they wrote you went bad, you have some proof that you performed a show for them. Having no contract and recieving a bad check is the worst thing. In a case where you would try and get your money you would have no proof. I don't think they will turn themselves in and say heres your money after all the trouble that you have been through. So I would reccomend a contract for every single event in case anything such as that ever occured.

~~Hope you find this information useful and if you would like to see a copy of my contract to get an idea of wut to make email me at magicstyles@sbcglobal.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:10 pm 
Penguin

Hey well I see some people need help with the contracts. If you would like send me an email at magicstyles@sbcglobal.net and I can send u a copy of my contract so you can get an idea of what to make.

I will explain a couple of details for you also:

1.)Pricing- When you are talking to someone about booking a show do not feel like you have to charge them a cheap price. Remember that nobody knows how good you are until you perform that show. And even then not too many people are familiar with magic so they will still think you are good. I have performed some of the worst performances I thought a magician could ever perform and still at the end I got a nice applause and everyone was telling me good job. Now whether they were serious or feeling sorry for me is another thing. :roll: When I first started performing stage shows at the young age of 14 :D I charged about 60$ for a 45 minute long magic show. Now at the old age of 15 (lol) I charge about $135 a show. That is also including factors on whether there is going to be any specific needs, traveling fee's, etc...
For your first couple of shows I would reccomend the price of 60$.
If you were to perform for a non-profit organization try and work out a payment with them.

2.)When to give out the contracts:
I would suggest contracts EVERY SINGLE TIME you perform. I would be more cautious performing at a private event than at a buisness in payment terms. When I book a show with a customer I let them know they will be recieving a contract within the next couple of days to go over and sign then return back to me in the S.A.S.E. I provide with them. That way if anything at all does occur, such as a check they wrote went bad, you have some proof that you performed a show for them. Having no contract and recieving a bad check is the worst thing. In a case where you would try and get your money you would have no proof. I don't think they will turn themselves in and say heres your money after all the trouble that you have been through. So I would reccomend a contract for every single event in case anything such as that ever occured.

~~Hope you find this information useful and if you would like to see a copy of my contract to get an idea of wut to make email me at magicstyles@sbcglobal.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:12 pm 
born to perform.

mysteriousone wrote:
Upon completion of this show, you are legally responsible to pay me $1,000,000.00, cash only.

^That's a start.

LMAO! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:13 pm 
born to perform.

mysteriousone wrote:

^That's a start.

LMAO! :lol: