View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:10 pm 
Penguin

I read what u wrote to richards and I also thought it was CRAP!!!!!! I went to his site and I liked it. the pitchures were great. the walking on water trick sounds great. i already e-mailed him to get tickets so i can go to the show in the spring because it sounds great!!!!

P.S i am not richards best friend!!! just a more respectful person than auron123

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:50 pm 
born to perform.

u guys were saying he's a jerk, u guys are really really given richard a hard time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:53 pm 
Penguin

Thanks for your support!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:21 am 
Penguin

Glad 2 have support from all of you people except Auron123.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:47 pm 
born to perform.

no prob, it sounds like it's gonna be great, i've been aim'ing u, i'm magiconfire99 by the way, but u won't answer, so i thought i'd tell u

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:17 pm 
Penguin

sorry try again, i might have been busy....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:22 pm 
Penguin

Richard, Im not trying to bring you down. You seem like a creative kid. Im just trying to give you some constructive critisism.

Nice pictures. By the way, where is walking on water?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:01 pm 
born to perform.

I agree with baronen, don't imatate other magicians its like plagerism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:01 pm 
born to perform.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:02 pm 
born to perform.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:36 pm 
Penguin

i have;nt posted any of walking on water yet, because here in Gloversville we still have snow and i hav'nt opened my pool yet, but i'll post some soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:56 pm 
Penguin

I just checked outh your site Richard. I too think you have some creative blood in you.

Although most of the pics I saw looked more staged for the photographs and not something that could be done in a live performance, for instance your sawing in half(which does look like you are trying to copy the Fearson laser-which just isn't cool) and your levitation etc.-you don't need to explain I can tell whats happening in the photos. But this is just me and please don't take it personally. Im just trying to help.

You should also perhaps think about taking some of your crew pictures, perhaps at the show behind stage, or behind the sound and lighting equipment. I would also clean up some of the pics of your illusions. It looks like half them are made with old bed sheets for backdrops in your garage or something. Which is fine if you are selling the illusions to other magician, but you are selling a show to clients. Perhaps think about shooting the photos of your illusions on stage durring actual performance.

I think this would greatly improve the pics of the illusions on the site.

But I do think your on the right track, remember you are young, you don't need to rush the big stuff yet, you have plenty of time.

Good luck with your show! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:25 pm 
Penguin

i thank u 4 ur support. but that one trick called "sawed" is real. It is another of my creations. I do not have any photoshop or any kind of editor. If i knew it was that easy 2 edit sumthing i would just do that instead of the hard way. But i really do thank you 4 ur support :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:05 am 
Penguin

I know you did not edit anything with software, that's not what I was getting at all!! Thats the problem.

Infact maybe you should think about editing it with software, because if you what my honest truth the photo is not very good at all.

You must understand that I am trying to help you. I am not here to attack you. Read my post more carefully, Im here to give you an honest critique(and at this point a polite critique) to HELP you.

I have been in this business professionally way before you were even born. I am trying to help because I love to see young performers as I was not to long ago, flourish into something great!

If you can't take HONEST critisim than you won't last long in this business professionally or otherwise.

And before I go, one last thing, please, please if you take any advice from me at all, get your photos done in proper attire. If you do insist on wearing T-shirs, I suggest from a professional stand point to at least wear ones that do not have logos or pictures of race cars. etc. or what have you.

Your hat-great! keep that!

P.

BTW if you are truly seriousl in marketing yourself(properly) I have a couple of tips that might be useful to you.(if your serious that is)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:44 pm 
Penguin

Richards wrote:
I can even make them levitate in the air about 7 feet high in the air...

Ok,.. I"M SORRY, I was in a bad mood when i wrote about your walking on water. Im sorry i didn't give a second thought before writting it. okay. Bye gones, be bye gones. ??

Any way, the reason i quoted you up top is... First i wanna say that I AM NOT INSULTING OR ASKING HOW YOU DID IT, OR SAYING ITS NOT POSSIBLE, I just wanted to ask some questions about that statement, btw that is an excerpt from a post you made on the 1st page , I think. Back to the questions.

1) You really make a spectator levitate. ?
2) You make them levitate 7 feet in the air!?
3) Are they stooges?
4) Do they feel anything?
5) Did i misenterpret the first part of the paragraph which means i screwed up the statement about the person floating.?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next