View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Im getting a dove
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:37 pm 
Penguin

Hi I am 14 years old and I am going to buy a white dove!!! What are some good routines to do with it? Do you guys have any tips on how to take care of it and how to train it? I can use a lot of tips please!!!!!! keep in mind I dont have a lot of money to buy all those dove dvds, I wish I did but that's why I need tips and help from you guys....... Is there anything I need to know about white doves? .. What impropmptu routines do you use? what's a dove harness?..Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:45 am 
born to perform.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... hp?t=43829

Check that link out. It was me talking to someone who bought a dove. Some of the stuff in there could be helpful to you. And seriously, doves should be bought in pairs.

As for routines... sorry can't tell you how to do any... that would be exposure, if you can't afford any material, then I don't know what to say. I think you should atleast save up for Marian Chavez Encyclopdia of Dove Magic (book), it has A LOT of tips, how to train, and tricks. And it isn't all that expensive.

Something you might want to do, might be a dove pan I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:41 am 
born to perform.

how much do they cost?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:57 am 
born to perform.

It depends on your area, and your pet store. In my area they used to be around $20 each, and now they're about $35. But that is my area. It can vary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:44 pm 
Penguin

Man, i want a dove so bad, but i cant get one because its "to big of a responisibility" its bs
-Collin

Post subject: Re: Im getting a dove
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:27 pm 
born to perform.

lakerdan121 wrote:
Hi I am 14 years old and I am going to buy a white dove!!! What are some good routines to do with it? Do you guys have any tips on how to take care of it and how to train it? I can use a lot of tips please!!!!!! keep in mind I dont have a lot of money to buy all those dove dvds, I wish I did but that's why I need tips and help from you guys....... Is there anything I need to know about white doves? .. What impropmptu routines do you use? what's a dove harness?..Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't get a dove and think all you have to do besides traing it is feed it. If you get a dove or any type of bird you need to take it out of it's cage at least 30 minutes per day or you are just torturing it. :( You can't get a bird and then forget about it when you aren't using it in your act, please remember that. It would not be fair to the bird to spend it's whole life in a cage. It is still a living creature and has feelings. Sorry if I sound like your mom but I have had a bird for about 9 years now and know the responsibility required. Congradulations on getting a dove btw. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:27 pm 
Penguin

Well i got my dove like two weeks ago and i am soon buying unmasks #1 to train my dove.........i made a mistake and bought only one but i take it out a lot and play with it and dont just ignore it.at first i was only buying the dove for magic but i was wrong it is my pet not a prop...i am devoted to take care of my dove.and it is true it is a big commitment just like a dog but if u can handle it they make great pets... i want to start doing an act with it after i train it i want to use my act for the magic castle but i cant use self working tricks so i dont kno what to do but i cant wait to train it to fly back to e instead of clipping its wings again. if u want to get a fdove consider that u have to spend atleast 30 minutes with it a day, u have to clean its cage daily, u have to train it which will take like 6 weeks, u have to fees it right and take care of it for a long time for they live for up to 20 years.....but do not consider getting a dove just for magic....consider getting a dove as a pet not prop. i hope this helps if u want to get doves and make sure u do RESEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!