View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Help ... need some patter idea's ??
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:51 am 
Penguin

Have this fantastic new stage effect... that is all practised ...and I am ready to go with... but for life of me can't think of very suitable patter to go with effect...

This is the effect : 3 members of the audience come and choose a card each ... I take back 2 of the cars and shuffle them back in the deck... and with one of the members a corner is torn off his card which he keeps and his card is shuffled in to the deck. Now i take a small paper bag and drop the cards in to it. The paper bag is placed on the floor in the middle of the stage....now I bring out a large steel sword... and on my command ( EXACTLY on my command the cards founting out of the bag at least 8 feet in the air... I plunge the sword in to the cards and impail the 3 cards on the sword...the first 2 cards are ripped off the sword and given to the volunteers...and the third one ( with ripped corner) is shown to be an exact match to the corner being held. (phew)

My stage logo is "Seeing is NOT believing" so if that can be included ...great... see what you can come up with...at the moment I have a patter block !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:08 am 
born to perform.

Here is something that you might like or atleast give you an idea to go on.
Sometimes things can be hard to believe unless you see it. Well what I am about to show you, seeing it still will not help. I need the 3 of you to pick a card and show the audience. I'll take the two of yalls card back and lose them into the deck (shuffle). Now for your card (3rd person) I want you to keep a corner of it as a reminder of your card (rip & give). Let me lose your card in the deck.
I am now going to demonstrate a gift that I have had since I was a young boy (placing the cards into the bag). Please stand over here to the side (pull out your sword). I don't carry insurance for the wounded.
I remember at the age of ---- I started noticing this ability to slow things down in my vision, even though it was actually happening fast. I could catch a pen that was thrown up into the air with 50 pencils. It is really hard to explain. I would much rather show you (look at the bag concentrating). Do your move for the cards to fly up, stab your 3 cards. Go into showing the 3 cards & matching up the corner to the 3rd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:25 pm 
Penguin

I like it kgmagic... that certainly is an avenue to go down... nice bit of creativity there...thankyou... still open to any other idea's before i decide on what I will use.