View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My kids show routine
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:13 pm 
born to perform.

Howdy. I'm gonna hopefully be getting soem klids magic jobs this summer and i am putting my routine together and wanted some input. Not in any set orderHere is what i got:

"Introduce myself blah-de-blah-de-blah"

Strat o sphere
Square circle deception- Pull out tricks from it.
Silk routine-pulled out of SCQ
Sponge bunny routine- also pulled out and in pocket-connects to...
Mini hippity hop rabbits- NOT pulled out
Rope stuff- Pulled out (maybe, depends upon what i do)

"oo... im getting hungry.... I wanna sandwich"
PB&J Illusion- NOT pulled out.

"Gettin kinda thirsty..."
appearing 8 foot straw- This may or may not occur depending upon my amount of money and time and parents permission to buy more.

Coloring book w/crayons- NOT pulled out
Then i'll talk about how great color is and how color always gets changed or something like that which lets me launch into:
Out of this world
Coin Squeeze- Pulled out
Buddha money mystery-pulled out

"Let me weave a tale for you...etc..." i have a pretty neat story i have that goes along with NFW
NFW- Not pulled out.
D'lites

Closing with reaching into SCQ and getting a gift out for the party person or some candy or something like that. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot

Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:20 am 
Penguin

ok, first of all, u have a lot of great material. here's what i think u should deffinetly perform:

Strat o sphere
Square circle deception
-i love the idea u made with this!
Silk routine
Sponge bunny routine
Mini hippity hop rabbits

Rope stuff-kids love it, as long as it's short, like cut and restored rope. don't do it long though, 1-3 tricks is good
PB&J Illusion
appearing 8 foot straw
-maybe think about getting the ghost bottle with it (google it), or get a refilling glass (don't know what's the exact name...), both would work very well with the straw, coz ur'e still thirsty, u havn't drink...
Coloring book w/crayons
D'lites

ok, now for the stuff u shouldn't be performing:

because ur on stage, i wouldn't do any card tricks, unless it's with jumbo cards. so i wouldn't recommend performing NFW, they'll just think u did like a sleeve change, card changes that r not visual rn't good on stage.
out of this world-deffinetly not for stage! i mean, it needs a table.. not very good if u ask me.. it's also VERY long, the kids won't see a thing, get bored, and won't be so amazed from the effect.

tricks that maybe would work on stage, dependse how u present them and how u handle them. it also dependse on the way u dress (get "magic on stage" with jeff mcbride for some advices on that):

Coin Squeeze
Buddha money mystery

hope this helps a bit... if u REALLY want a card trick on stage, then perform the invisible deck with Bill Malone's presentation (from "on the loose")

Tomer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:35 am 
born to perform.

i think there is a bit of misunderstanding, i posted this in stage section because i didnt know what else to post it in. I am going to be doing tricks with a table in front of a bunch of kids. Not literally on stage. I thought this was the best section for it since there is no "Kids show section".

Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:58 am 
Penguin

oh, then u should of stated that... well, then also bring a regular deck of cards in that case, just if they would want to see more, i hoe u have enough card tricks to keep them going forever.
in my shows, i always have a deck of card in a case, and the case is wrapped inside 5 pages with some of the tricks i listed that i know with cards. i can perform just cards for more then 3 hours just from those pages, i think it's great, u should try that maybe... u can do the same with coins, but i wouldn't do any money tricks for kids, but that's just me

Tomer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:48 am 
born to perform.

So then it is a parlour show. Where you are on the same level as the spectators. This is how most kids shows are done, like in their living room.
-Tyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:12 pm 
born to perform.

yea. Thats what i mean. thank you for clearing that up/

Ryan