View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Parakeet Loader or Dove Harness??? HELP!!!! PLZ!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:18 pm 
Penguin

Hi, I was looking for a new type of gimmick to alow me to produce parakeets like from newspaper or silks or whatever and showing your hands empty first... I went on this site that sells both Parakeet Loaders and Dove Harnesses, and I was wondering, would a parakeet or two work in a Dove Harness?, if so how many (I have 3), What types of routines can be done with a parakeet loader or dove harness? If sombody could answer these questions it would be very appreciated...

PLEASE ANSWER SOON!!!!!!! :D

Thanks

-Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:22 pm 
born to perform.

Is that like where you have the dove come out...like from your sleeve?
-Tyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:41 pm 
Penguin

I dunno, but I want to know some effects, and the rest of the answers above...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:36 pm 
Penguin

Any body?, I really need to know fast!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:18 pm 
Penguin

Ok a simple question...Would a parakeet ot 2 work in a Dove Harness???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

They may, if you are intent on performing this real soon, then you might of started looking earlier for resources. I do not do bird magic, you could check on some other forums, there is also a user here Daiversion who is very knowledgeable in all aspect of magic, you may want to PM him and pose your question to him. Sorry couldn't be more of a help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:05 pm 
Penguin

I would suggest not to use 2 in one dove holder. The holders need to be size specific. There is too high of risk that the 2 would wriggle around and get turned backwards etc. The idea behind the holders are to hold the loads snugly but not too tight. Also having the harness is not enough. There are also different types of harnesses. Depending on what you want to accomplish is what will determine what type(s) you need.
I suggest investing in books/videos on dove magic. Unfortunately this is an area that takes time to refine, not just jump into.
Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:09 pm 
Penguin

fcchief wrote:
there is also a user here Daiversion who is very knowledgeable in all aspect of magic, you may want to PM him and pose your question to him. .

Thanks , fcchief, but bird magic is not one of my specialities.
I could probably give Richards the references he needs to look up, but practically speaking I have never performed in public with doves or parakeets. (my practical experience with animal magic is limited to rabbits.)

That said, I agree with BBunnell . It would not be a good idea to try to put two birds into a single harness . What I know about bird productions is only from reading about it , but I understand the basic principle of the harnesses and they are not designed to fit more than one bird at a time. I think if you get your hands on some of the literature or videos on the craft (Tony Clark and General Grant are highly recommended teaching resources from what I have heard ) then I think you will learn what you need to adapt dove techniques to parakeets .

It seems to me that almost anything you could do with a dove you could also do with a parakeet. There have been magicians like Jack Kodell, Johnny Hart , and Paul Fiedler who have done whole acts based on using parakeets.

I've read about the videos Secrets of Bird Magic Vol. 1 and 2 by Dave Womach and a series called A Bird in the Hand Vol. 1 and 2 by Ramon Galindo , which features magic with parakeets.
Those should give you some good ideas for the kind of routines you could perform with parakeets .