View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: kid routine LOOK******
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:36 pm 
Penguin

does this sound like a strong and entertaining kid show routine, comments please!

buny box
vanishing ketchup
cowboy rope trick
snowstorm in china
don allen comedy egg
juggling balls and,or clubs
sponges
coloring book and v-crayons
color balloon prediction
got milk routine
needle thru balloon
balloon to dove

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:47 pm 
Penguin

sounds great too me!...i also have a kids show coming up and i've been looking for a few stronge effects to add to my routine..i think i might just look into a couple of those 8)

Post subject: stuff
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:45 pm 
Penguin

thanks, good luck on your kids show !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:53 pm 
Penguin

thanks, you too..i just have one question..did you get your vanishing crayons from penguin? b/c when i got mine in the mail, they were in a green box with some crappy wax crayons..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:20 pm 
Penguin

Hey guys,

A friend of mine and I just did a kids show today for a bunch of 6 - 7 year olds. A couple of the adults stayed around to watch the show and we had everybody laughing and they all said we did a fabulous show. Here's what we did and some of the reactions we got:

1. Color change bag (bag turns inside-out multiple times and changes colors each time) Final change has a zippered pocket. Inside the zippered pocket we put the colored silk for 20th Century Silks.

2. Had birthday girl come up and we went right into 20th Century Silks.

3. Produced a small rainbow colored silk streamer from another little girls' ear using a TT. Vanished that silk (had her blow on it) and then produced a larger (and much longer version of the rainbow silk) from a magicians hat. That thing just kept coming and coming - it got a great laugh from the kids.

4. Produced 3 colored silks out of the air and had 3 kids come up to help. We then did (sorry, I don't know the actual name of the trick) but its where you show a small blue lunch bag. It looks empty, but then you use each of the scarves to reach down in the bag and produce a little box with paper flowers in it. You do this 3 times and it just looks like these boxes are appearing from nowhere. The kids went wild at this one!

5. "Mickey in the Middle" a trick where a ring visually jumps from the end of one rope on a board with three ropes to the other rope at the other end. Then the ring jumps to the middle of the board. We just attached a little Mickey Mouse doll with magnetic hands to the ring. Note from the performance....make sure there isn't a television screen behind you when you perform the move! ha ha Oops!

6. Heart on a string. You can control the descent of the heart or pretend not to. Unlimited possibilities. We presented a gospel version of it where the heart just slides down the string when we are in control. But, when God is in control, he can cause the heart to stop anywhere and move at any time he wants. The motto...let God control your heart and look to Him for guidance.

7. Lotta Bowl. This thing was a running gag throughout the show. We basically poured a pitcher full of water for ourselves to take a break. Right during the show. We sipped the water and just played up the break for a minute. The adults thought it was hysterical that we just took a break and drank water for a minute. Of course, it was all part of the show. We then proceeded to dump more and more water out of the formerly "empty" bowl of water. Every few minutes and inbetween tricks for the rest of the show we would stop, grab the bowl and pour more water out of it. It went over very well.

8. D'Lites. "Produced" the light from the empty blue bag from one of the previous tricks. We each have two of these so we proceeded to produce and vanish the lights all over the place. Our ears, noses, hair, kids ears, adults ears, through the body, passed them back and forth, etc. It was a lot of fun and the kids just went nuts!

9. Hypno-chicken. This is basically a routine that my friend and I came up with on our own. It is basically a gimmick that allows you to "produce" eggs or ping pong balls continuously from your mouth. What we did was turn it into a hypnosis thing where my friend hypnotizes me into thinking I'm a chicken. He has a really funny chicken hat that he puts on my head while I'm "asleep" receiving the instructions. I then wake up and start clucking like a chicken and then make a weird squawk and make the gimmick come almost out of my mouth. My friend "produces" the egg from my mouth which got a wonderful laugh today. We go through this for a couple minutes and produce a half dozen eggs this way. The kids thought this was absolutely hysterical. Then, my friend snaps me out of it and I ask him all sorts of questions about the trick that we were going to do and what the funny hat on my head is and why the kids are all laughing. Its really a lot of fun and the kids love it. You should have seen them trying to explain to me that I was just clucking around the room and laying eggs from my mouth! It was a riot!

10. Peanut butter and jelly illusion. PB & J trade places. (I believe this is available on Penguin, by the way.)

11. Sponge ball routine with kid assistance.

12. Rising card with 3 selections. Two rise out of the deck, and the third I palmed off and produced from my pocket. This was the birthday girl's selection.

13. Hummingbird card with birthday girl's selection. Great reaction when the card started spinning around!

14. Finally, we ended with a straight jacket escape where the kids got to help buckle my friend in the jacket. He then took quite a while (and with a lot of humor) finally got out of the jacket.

We ended the show by giving each kid a magic trick (inexpensive coin box trick), taught them how to do the trick, made them swear the magicians code that they wouldn't tell the secret, and gave them a certificate that I had printed up with each kids name, the date, occasion and our signatures naming them Junior Magicians. The kids just loved it all and really felt like they were little magicians now. The smiles as we left really told the whole tale.

It turned out better than we could have expected and we made a bunch of kids and parents very happy today. Great rewards and great feeling!

Hope you guys experience the same for the shows you do. This friend of mine and I are really seriously working to make this become a part-time gig. We can both use the extra income and absolutely love doing these things. We both have full-time jobs, so the shows we do have to be on the weekends, but we'd really like to get some steady shows so we are putting out business cards and trying to start to get our name out to our local area. We've got a ton of stuff so we have lots of options as to what effects and tricks to do. Wish us luck!

And, good luck to you all as well.

Dave
In sunny Sarasota, Florida!