View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Best Levitation Effect
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:51 pm 
Penguin

I need some help on deciding a good levitation effect for the types of shows I perform. I do have some restrictions though so if someone can help i would greatly appreciate it:

1.)The levitation effect should be able to be performed with any lighting.
2.)The effect should be able to be nice and easy to "clean-up" after performing it.

I know someone always will say something like the zombie ball or whatever but i want something thats not too original and the price doesn't matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:53 am 
born to perform.

It' an investment, but the Flying Carpet Illusion is probably perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:04 am 

Flying carpet is a beautiful illusion and is reasonably priced for what you get. Howevever, it does have some limitations. You must be careful about the weight of the person being levitated. This is designed for a child, so if you want to levitate an adult, don't use it. Also, it does require that you set it up in private (ie. before the spectators come into the room). If you are not going to have this luxury, there is no way you can get it set without blowing the secret.

If you are looking to levitate a child, not have to worry about the angles, and have a relatively worry free set up, you may want to take a look at chair suspension. It's a little more money, but the good ones will take up to 140 lbs. Therefore, you could even levitate an adult female. With this effect you can also use a spectator from the audience (same as in flying carpet).

If you really want to get into a large scale levitation that does not depend on backdrops and can be performed on pretty much any stage, you should look at the Asrah Levitation. This is the one where the assistant is covered with a cloath, floats off the couch and a hoop is passed over her. The cloth is whipped away and the assistant has vanished only to reappear at the back of the auditorium. If price is no object, this is the one that will meet your long term needs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:32 pm 
Penguin

how much is that?

-Collin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:03 pm 

The Flying Carpet illusion is about $350, the Chair Suspension is about $450, and the Asrah Levitation is about $2,000