View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Need Zombie Help!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:54 pm 
Penguin

Hey just so you know I didn't buy my zombie here thus I dont have acess to the PO section. I'll be preforming a show at a fundraiser at my Aunt's school and I really want to do my Zombie but I'll need some music to do it to so any help would be great. Also what size should the cloth I use be (When I bought my zombie it didn't come with a cloth)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:34 pm 

This is going to sound bad but, if you don't have the cloth, and you don't have the music you need - DON'T PERFORM THE ZOMBIE!! This is not an effect that you can just take home from the store and start performing. Although the method is relatively simple, it takes time to prepare and present a professional routine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:51 pm 
Penguin

Well I have a cloth that I practice with but it's not big enough. I have some basic moves down but I really want some music so that I can make my routine match with the beats of the music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:22 pm 
born to perform.

The zombie should really be practiced with the cloth that you will use. It is probably a good idea to pass on the trick this time, but know one's stopping you. A 36" by 36" cloth is good. As for music, try Trancenden's Beats by Numbers. It's the penguin ID music. Also, try the mission impossible theme music, it's good too. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:49 pm 
Penguin

36" by 36" seems really big, but I appreciate your help any way thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:29 pm 
born to perform.

I got the Trancenden CD online a couple months ago. Its a good CD. Look at http://www.target.com. It is the only place I could find it.
-Tyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:42 pm 
Penguin

Sounds like you don't know enough about the effect or the routine to perform it properly...consider doing some things you're sure you can do ,and put the Zombie all on hold...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:20 pm 
born to perform.

orpheus wrote:
36" by 36" seems really big, but I appreciate your help any way thanks.

Really Big! That is the size that zombie foulards come in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:11 pm 
Penguin

Cloth should be cut to double the length of the gimmick and the gimmick should be modified to be roughly the length of your forearm.

Tim Wright has a video out on the market devoted entirely to the Zombie. It covers everything including getting into the routine, getting out of the routine, gimmick modifications, foulard modifications, music, costume, and character. Jeff McBride's Magic on Stage Volume 3 has some nice work on the Zombie as well. My favorite Zombie routine, however, is Marc DeSouza's from his video Award Winning Stage Magic.

I must say this, however. Do NOT try to perform this effect at upcoming fundraiser. If you have not even been practicing the effect with the foulard you'll use in performance, the routine is NOT ready for a public performance. Before adding an effect to your stage repertoire, you need to have put hours upon hours of work into mastering the effect under performance conditions i.e. full costume, music, correct props, etc. The zombie is definitely no exception!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:31 pm 
Penguin

Well my performance will be in four weeks and I should be getting my foulard some time today or tommorow and I have already picked out my music. Dont worry guys I'll practice night and day until my preformance and if I have even the slightest bit of doubt about doing the zombie I'll cut it out entirely. I'll plan two routines one with the zombie and one without, I'll also look into some of those vidoes you recomended Cardshark13.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:57 pm 
Penguin

For future reference, Skildini's Zombie video is great! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:30 pm 

Silldini is Tim Wright - His video is very very good.