View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: "The Grim Coffin Escape"
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:54 pm 
Penguin

Thats the new name to my new stage effect for Halloween, tell me what ya think...

Effect: A 6ft wooden coffin is rolled out on stage, the lid is opened and it is lifted upright. smoke pours out of the coffin for an eerie effect. It is shown empty with shackles on the walls of the coffin. I walk out and my "charactors" Lock me in the coffin, they then put up the lid with a plexiglass window to see me at all times. the lid is then locked shut. a Grim reaper walks out on stage. i am still in view struggling to get free, the coffin is then spun around to show all sides. and brought back to front to show me once again in view. The grim reaper then grasps his scythe and slashes at the coffin a huge spark then assends from the coffin as the lid falls down crashing to the floor...it is suprisingly empty even though i was in full view the whole time even when the scythe hits. the grim reaper then walks toward and facing the audience. he removes his cloak, he is non other than ME!....dum dum dum.....

I got the inpiration for this from lance burtons sword fight trick, but since im sorta of a goth/punk magician i added my twists, and made is very visual, no switches, no stooges, no mirrors, no dummies or animatrics that look like me, nothing. a fully emaninable coffin and every thing on stage after the effect (of course i dunno who'd walk up on stage to examine somthing) and no i do not run out of the coffin when sparks fly out and do a switch , thats just lame...

So what ya think?
any input would be appreciated THANKS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:03 pm 
Penguin

Sounds intresting. Would it be possible to post a video?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:11 pm 
Penguin

once if figure out the puzzle of getting my webcam close enough to it and then the mystery of posting it up here, but i will try mmy best to get a vid up here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:14 pm 
born to perform.

Sounds good but a video would be better than a description, how picky we are.

Keep us updated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:15 pm 
Penguin

i will try my best to get up a vid. thanks for your interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:17 pm 
Penguin

Sounds absolutely amazing! Can't wait to see a vid.! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:46 pm 
born to perform.

Sounds like an effect that I saw on TV but with your twist. I checked your website and didn't see it there. You should post it there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:06 pm 
Penguin

I am going tp post the picture once it has all its details on it, i just got it finished, it works great but its kinda dull looking, so im waitin til it has its paint job and all the details on it. I can describe how it looks though...Its a coffin (a big duh) that is black and has a huge red spade on the back and it outlined in red molding, same on front except for the window on the front. It has chains that hold it down on the removable cart that it can be moved around on stage easier. (the chains look cool on it :D ) any way thats how it looks, im sure youll get a better idea when the picture is up. The grim reapers robe is similar to the coffins look, black with a huge red spade on back and a huge sickle (specialy made sickle) its specialy made so it looks more realistic cuz im sure nobody wants me bringin a real sickle lol. It looks better than those cheap ol plastic ones you get at wal-mart in the costumes section during halloween. Well thats all i can describe for now, ill tell ya when the pic is up on my site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:01 pm 
Penguin

Here is the poster I made for this effect...what ya think? thats exactly what the coffin looks like except there will be chains instead of cables as shown. there are also little wheels under the platform that it stands on so it can move about...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:31 pm 
born to perform.

Sounds incredible! A David Copperfield effect...please post a video! I'd love to see this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:05 pm 
Penguin

sorta like copperfields, but has my little twists, and grim theme to it, not to mention a whole lot more visible....i really appreciate ur interest...makes me feel happy... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:13 pm 
Penguin

Perhaps one day when you retire you can compile all of your illusions into a book and sell it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:57 pm 
born to perform.

Richards wrote:
sorta like copperfields, but has my little twists, and grim theme to it, not to mention a whole lot more visible....i really appreciate ur interest...makes me feel happy... :lol:

Oh I wasn't trying to make it seem like you stole an effect from DC. I meant that it's sounds like an effect as great as DC would do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:02 am 
Penguin

oh ok, i got ya now... thanks for the compliment, hey that is a pretty good idea orpheus, i should put them all in one big book, like walking on water, the grim coffin escape, sawed, impromtu walking on water, coins is where?, and a few others...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:18 am 
Penguin

great idea for effect, however your poster design needs much more work, sorry to say.

You would benefit greatly from purchasing Paintshop Pro or Photoshop - paint will not and does not give that professional look to work. The ideas you have put together are great and the images will work, providing you clean them up alot more and get the perspective correct and use a better fonts for the title and name - there are hundreds of free fonts that would suit your theme simpel surf my friend.

Hope that didnt come over as harsh - but please take a leaf out of WeirdMagic's book and see why his images stand out, Presentation is everything.

All the best with your effect and designs