View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Can anyone help me to add 15 min to my show
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:15 pm 
Penguin

I will be preforming a show in about two weeks and I need to add about ten or fifteen minutes to my show, I was thinking about building a XL square circle deception but need some ideas on things to produce that would be easily visible on a stage (it's a kids show btw). I could probably get five to eight minutes from that but I still need one more thing, preferably something I could build my self for very little, easy to learn and preform, and something that would work for a solo preformer.

Last edited by orpheus on Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:31 pm 
born to perform.

A thing that adds comedy and more time to your show is gags and things that aren't really magic. I was trying to think of a few things to add to my show. Here are a couple that I could think of right now- wilting flower, toilet paper ball*, thats all I can think of right now but there are pleanty more.
*Toilet Paper Ball- ball up toilet paper and have the spectator guess which hand its in. Watch this- there is a video of it - Click Here
-Tyler

Link speccialy edited by moderator to remove Non-Penguin Magic Marketing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:45 pm 
Penguin

The paper ball idea sounds like a great bit of audience participation, but I still need to fill in some more time, also I would really appreciate some ideas for things to produce (read my above post)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:08 pm 
Site Admin

Depending on the age of kids, and the size of your CSD you could produce a skateboard, football, boom box or DVD Player, Nintend0, XBox etc.. Duane Laflin does a huge one producing what seems like miles of silk streamers (large ones) bouquet of flowers etc. Try to think of what kids that age like and go from there.
Another comedy routine I use is the Wizards Hat. Have one of the kids come on stage and sit off to the side as your apprentice. Then put the Wizards hat on him/her. (Acutally there is plunger under the hat with a strap on it) Have them choose the magic word and everytime you do a trick point to him/her and have them say the magic word. After the second trick I carefully remove the wizards hat and the plunger is left on their head, then I ask the audience if the volunteer looks a little flush! (OK so it isn't the funniest thing you may have heard but kids get a kick out of it.)
Hope this helps somewhat.