View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NEED A FEW AWESOME STAGE TRICKS
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:27 pm 
Penguin

I need stage tricks but the ones on penguin aren;t my favorite. I'm twelve and cant spend 575$ on a floating table any other suggestions????????????????????? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:31 pm 
born to perform.

Listen to me. Dont say your age escpecially since your so young. Second there is a search button. Use it. Next there is a whole section of tricks on this venue of magic.

Otherwise Welcome to Penguin own :wink: :lol: 8) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:13 pm 
born to perform.

If you don;t like the ones on Penguin, find another site.
-Tyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:20 pm 
Penguin

I am the same. I am sorry but I just don't think Penguin has any good stage tricks. That isn't completely true. I have the rabbit mirror box and it is good but there isn't anything else that I would get. Penguin is a good source for tricks but not stage effects.

Try looking at Andrew Mayne's work. It is very good. You can build the illusions for a very low amount of money and are great. The only down side is that you have to build it yourself. This does take down the cost but if you aren't the most creative person it can be challenging. I highly recommend it. Hint: weirdthings.com

Nate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:35 pm 
Penguin

I bought Strat-O-Sphere and Tricky Turvy Bottles Both are awesome and TTB seems to have a great interaction with the audience

Hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:27 am 
Penguin

thanks guys i alread got zombie ball two d'lites which i go through like crazy and an app[earing cane oh... i also got mouth coils. I would still like replies!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:22 am 
Penguin

bisection :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:25 am 
Penguin

thetrickery.com has some good ones

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:24 pm 
Penguin

get the no tear newspaper it is brilliant! i have unfortunately over used it now and must move on but it is a brilliant effect! i can't express how brilliant it is. if you want shocking magic then get andrew maynes effect armbuster.
johnny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:26 pm 
Penguin

zombie ball

Jean-Marc

Post subject: Re: NEED A FEW AWESOME STAGE TRICKS
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:43 pm 

chpdcsu wrote:
I need stage tricks but the ones on penguin aren;t my favorite. I'm twelve and cant spend 575$ on a floating table any other suggestions????????????????????? :D

What's your budget? Who will you be performing for? What kind of angles are we dealing with? What is the theme of the show? What is your personality? Is this a true STAGE show, or is it more of a PLATFORM/PARLOR type setting?

It's hard to suggest proper illusions to fit your needs, when we don't know what your needs are. For instance, if you are performing on a small platform or in a parlor, the Zombie Ball would be a fine effect. However, if you are performing a full stage routine, the Don Wayne Floating Ball would be more appropriate.

I think the best thing to do whenever designing a show is to put yourself in the audience. What would you EXPECT to see? Then go out and design a show that meets or exceeds those expectations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:21 pm 
Penguin

ok thanks guy... im doing this for a school show. THe gym i am doing it in islike this... for bleachers, all will probably be filled, i can do it from the middle or either end i think an end works... this is what i ordered yesterday: 2 dlites one of my specialties, appearing cane, zombie ball, and mouthcoils..... i do funny stuff but im into serious stage too. The angles can be either all around or just directly at me. One reason i dont go to other sites is because penguin is my most trusted place and i dont know much about how much trust i can put in other sites. THe audience is kids... there in 6th to eight grade... this is ricky since i know alot of kids are into giving sarcasm to all the performers...... i think im the only one that everdid magic at a talent show every thing else is dancing singing and music NERVE WRECKING ISNT IT???????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:44 pm 

O.K. that helps a lot. If you are going to use D'Lites make sure you have the ability to control your lighting. Most gyms use overhead florescent lighting that cannot be dimmed. If it's too bright, no one will see your d'lites. Also, make sure you have two of them so you can pass them from hand to hand and use them to "penetrate" a volunteer's head.

If you have control over lighting and access to a decent backdrop, consider a dancing cane effect. It has immediate visual impact and a basic dancing cane is not very expensive. It will, however, require quite a bit of practice to create the proper illusion. Just be sure to keep the routine extremely short.

A Zombie ball could work well with this type of venue, but again, you must ensure that you have control over your lighting (any backlighting will ruin this effect) and that no one has the ability to peek under the cloth.

Linking Rings would also be a good effect for this type of venue, but be sure to get a set that is at least eight inches in diameter. Otherwise, it will be too small for people to see.

So, here is how I would envision your routine:

1. Appearing Cane (production) - try doing a silk to cane as an opener
2. D'Lites (animation) - use a volunteer - end by putting the light in your mouth and coming out with the mouth coil
3. Linking Rings (penetration) - use same volunteer as above
4. Zombie Ball (levitation) - you may want to consider music with this
5. Dancing Cane (animation) - As you put the Zombie Ball away, pick up the cane and end with a quick routine.

This act should take about 12 - 15 minutes to perform and most of the effects are probably available here at Penguin. If you wanted to lengthen out the act a bit, you could even put in a multiplying ball routine just after the D'Lites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:00 pm 
Penguin

thanks only problem is i dont know how to do the dancing cane trick... howd u know all that stuff on our lighting and me having linking rings? lol a real psychic thanks alot by the way our school doesnt have a winner which is good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:04 pm 
Penguin

just realized that i forgot to mention i have a dissapearing cane and here is something you all need to consider..... at a cloth store... you know the ones that have it for furniture and you buy buy the yard, i found a 1000 yard spool of clear thread. it is thick but you could never tell it was there with a white shirt. it can hold at least five punds w/o breaking i bet. but mainly i have a vanishing cane thanks so much for the routine thing