View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:34 pm 

If you have a vanishing cane, then you can easily modify it to perform the dancing cane. Any dealer that sells the Fantasio line of canes can get you the gimmick for the dancing cane for about $5. This will greatly increase the mileage you get from your existing cane. Imagine making the cane dance - and then make it vanish completey!

Jeff McBride's On Stage DVD has a nice segment on the Dancing Cane. That would be a very good start.

If you don't want to invest the time in learning the dancing cane, how about Kevin James' Foating Rose? It's a fairly simple hook up but extremely visual. Shouldn't take too long to learn the routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:42 pm 
Penguin

you have helped so much thanks alot i am taking evry thing youve said as a helper and they realy have !!! still any replies are invited

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:50 pm 
born to perform.

Illusionist 777, its non-penguin marketing to give names of other sites. Delete the site name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:53 pm 
born to perform.

Anyway, here is my favorites list.

1. Zombie
2. Strat-o-Sphere
3. PB&J Illusion

Each under $50.
About $110 I beleive together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:55 pm 
born to perform.

Dont do the zombie ball surrounded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:22 pm 
Penguin

I didn't know you were a moderator LL.

*ANYWAYS*

I might be missing something, but I can't imagine someone wanting to invest in stage magic without the plan/idea of eventually doing some kind of show. With that said I would definitly suggest spending sometime checking out some established professional magicians to see what kind of stage magic you like best (comedy, dramatic, big illusions, or some kind of combo). One inexpensive way you can start doing that is check out some of their web-sites; a lot of them have clips from their shows(here's 2: Tony Clark(doves and pretty things), Tony Albano(funny yet magical)). I believe that doing something like that will save you a lot of money in the long run. I know I have a lot of props that I spent good money on that just don't fit my character or my show. The most expensive prop that I use in my 1hr. comedy magic stage show is a $40 vanishing ketchup bottle.

I guess the other bit of advice I would give is to try to invest in performance videos to find stuff that you like, and to see how the pros do it.

I hope this is helpful; its just the conclusion I have come to after $100's of dollars spent, but it is going to make a good chapter in my book one day ("What you wish you knew before you spent all your birthday money on 2 earth magnets") :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:32 pm 
Penguin

thanksi will search for them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:24 pm 
Penguin

I might be missing something, but I can't imagine someone wanting to invest in stage magic without the plan/idea of eventually doing some kind of show.

Wait i said im doing a show
[/quote]

Post subject: stage
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:09 am 
born to perform.

Unfortunately, many stage magic are expensive. Penguin doesn't have a lot of these. But whatever site you choose will be expensive. I just purchased a Circus wagon, it's a production box cost over two hundred, but like I've said before, to make money you have to spend it. Start out smaller and make some money and re-invest it.
In the past year and a half I've spent around $2,000.00 on tricks and most aren't stage tricks. But they have made me nearly $1,000.00 a month for awhile now.
Don't worry about your age, I think it's great you are doing something that is productive like this. Just take your time, by the time you are 18 you can be doing some really big shows. Don't try to get to the top so fast, put in your time and money and it'll give back in time. Patients is a virtue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:56 pm 
Penguin

Alright, you can take a sharpie and color the thread to make it not show up. You can get some flash string and have the string change to a silk in a flash, then change the silk to a cane. If you are not familiar with this, post a message. Check Out face ifter by andrew mayne. It is great and cost very little. You twist your head around and remove it. I'll give you the instructions if you want. Airborn is one of my personal favorites. You pour a drink while it is floating in mid-air. Post any questions, and good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:48 pm 
Penguin

yes could you send that as a private message ? thanks alot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:31 am 
Penguin

Quote:
yes could you send that as a private message ? thanks alot
Did you get my message?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:27 pm 
born to perform.

LordLanceIII wrote:
Illusionist 777, its non-penguin marketing to give names of other sites. Delete the site name.

sure he can now !

i suggest zombie ball as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:53 am 
Penguin

If you're working on a budget, then yes, you're absolutely right. Penguin is not the place to be. But that doesn't mean we won't help! :D

So, anyway, stage illusions that are affordable. Go with Andrew Mayne. If you have the time and dedication to construct these illusions, then he's your resource. Also, don't rule out books. Mark Wilson's Complete Course has several build-it-yourself illusions.

But don't be frightened away by the fact you have to construct. This, after all, gives you more pride in your illusions and saves you, literally, thousands. Now, at 12, I don't think you'll be spending thousands on props. :wink: I wouldn't. :P

Hope this helps! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:10 pm 
Penguin

do the balducci on sage. it works lik a charm.