View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:57 pm 
born to perform.

That would be a terrible idea. On stage, your audience will be almost eye level with your feet and clearly see how it's done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:26 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of the davidcon fan club. (Always welcoming new members)
If you want linking rings, get the ninja rings, they're really cool! Unfortunately, they don't have these at penguin, so you should Google it. Also, you'll need to buy the DVD, because the instructions that come with the Ninja rings are in Japanese. Which all comes to a bit over $50.

Hope that helps! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:24 pm 
born to perform.

soupersexy wrote:
I didn't know you were a moderator LL.

*ANYWAYS*

I might be missing something, but I can't imagine someone wanting to invest in stage magic without the plan/idea of eventually doing some kind of show. With that said I would definitly suggest spending sometime checking out some established professional magicians to see what kind of stage magic you like best (comedy, dramatic, big illusions, or some kind of combo). One inexpensive way you can start doing that is check out some of their web-sites; a lot of them have clips from their shows(here's 2: Tony Clark(doves and pretty things), Tony Albano(funny yet magical)). I believe that doing something like that will save you a lot of money in the long run. I know I have a lot of props that I spent good money on that just don't fit my character or my show. The most expensive prop that I use in my 1hr. comedy magic stage show is a $40 vanishing ketchup bottle.

I guess the other bit of advice I would give is to try to invest in performance videos to find stuff that you like, and to see how the pros do it.

I hope this is helpful; its just the conclusion I have come to after $100's of dollars spent, but it is going to make a good chapter in my book one day ("What you wish you knew before you spent all your birthday money on 2 earth magnets") :lol:

where did you get the vanishing ketchup bottle for $40. every where I have looked it has been over $50

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:51 pm 
born to perform.

i love performing better newspaper tear get great reaction as well as cardiographic: http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php? ... ts_id=1712 http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php? ... cts_id=397
also this video has an explantion for cardiographic if your more of a visual learner: http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php? ... ts_id=2003

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:54 pm 
Penguin

i personaly would build them your self. that way you can persionaliz (spelling) it. and make it look the way you want it to. thats what i do when i build my illusions, so they dont look like every body elses.