View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111  Next

Like The New Design of Things Now?/Riddle's hard enough?
Yes. And I Like The Design. 66%  66%  [ 64 ]
No. And I Like The Design. 9%  9%  [ 9 ]
Yes. And I Don't Like The Design. 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
No. And I Don't Like The Design. 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
Other...(Post at the end of your post so it's not getting in the way of your riddle/puzzle/etc/answer.) 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 97
 Post subject: Re: :Penguin's Official Riddle/Puzzle/Brain Bending Thread:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:24 am 
Penguin

I have one for you... Solve this:

A man was found dead inside a phonebooth on the dock. Both wrists had been cut open! There were splinters of glass on the bottom of the phoneboth...

You can ask all the questions you want to find out what happened, but I can only answer 'yes', 'no' or 'irrelevant'.

Game on

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:01 am 
born to perform.

Tryllearne wrote:

A man was found dead inside a phonebooth on the dock. Both wrists had been cut open! There were splinters of glass on the bottom of the phoneboth...

You can ask all the questions you want to find out what happened, but I can only answer 'yes', 'no' or 'irrelevant'.

Game on

What?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:12 am 
Penguin

You are to find out what happened... Why and how he died...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:34 am 
Penguin

Tryllearne wrote:

Game on

Here are my questions:
1.Who puts a phone booth on a dock? (Lemme just walk to the end of the pier to use that phone booth.)
2.The "splinters of glass" were on the bottom of the phone booth? Not actually inside of something? Wouldn't that make them not splinters?

Also, isn't it possible that the man just walked into the phonebooth holding a couple pieces of glass, cut his wrists open, and died of blood-loss?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:46 am 
Penguin

Flappy2 wrote:
Tryllearne wrote:

Game on

Here are my questions:
1.Who puts a phone booth on a dock? (Lemme just walk to the end of the pier to use that phone booth.)
2.The "splinters of glass" were on the bottom of the phone booth? Not actually inside of something? Wouldn't that make them not splinters?

Also, isn't it possible that the man just walked into the phonebooth holding a couple pieces of glass, cut his wrists open, and died of blood-loss?

It's kind of hard to answer any of that with a yes or no... Make that "pieces of broken glass" and "a phone booth on the pier" then. Sorry, if I made a lingual mistake, but I am not a native speaker of English.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:01 am 
born to perform.

Tryllearne wrote:

Game on

The man had just come back from a fishing trip, and was on the phone telling someone that, "The fish was THIS big"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:06 am 
Penguin

Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
Tryllearne wrote:

Game on

The man had just come back from a fishing trip, and was on the phone telling someone that, "The fish was THIS big"

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:07 am 
born to perform.

Tryllearne wrote:
Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
Tryllearne wrote:

Game on

thanks

So I got it right?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:23 am 
Penguin

that's it yes...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:27 am 
Penguin

A man would come home from work everyday. He lived at the 18th floor, but he would only take the elevator to the 10th, then walk the stairs the rest of the way. One day, it rained, and he took the elevator all the way up to 18th floor... (you are to find out why he didn't alway just take the elevator to 18th and why he did the day it rained)

Again you may yes or no questions if you need...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:35 am 
born to perform.

Tryllearne wrote:
A man would come home from work everyday. He lived at the 18th floor, but he would only take the elevator to the 10th, then walk the stairs the rest of the way. One day, it rained, and he took the elevator all the way up to 18th floor... (you are to find out why he didn't alway just take the elevator to 18th and why he did the day it rained)

My uncle just told me this one last week!

The man is a little person. He can press the 1st floor button in the morning, but he cannot press the 18th floor button when he returns home. He can press the 14th floor button though. Because of this, he has to walk up to the 18th floor from the 14th floor in the evening.
He doesn’t have to do this on rainy days, because he can use his umbrella to press the 18th floor button.

=]

Heres one!

On the final day of a philosophy class, all the students came in and sat down. The Professor brought forth a single chair, placed it where everyone could see it, and backed away. "For your final exam," he said, "I want you to write an essay explaining to me why this chair does not exist. Begin."

All of the students took a moment to reflect upon the question and then began furiously scribbling their answers. Well, all except one. One student thought for a brief moment, wrote something quickly on his piece of paper, then handed it in to the professor. He then left the class room, leaving the other students to work for hours upon their answers. That one student was the only person to get an 'A' on his paper.

What did that student write for his essay?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:55 am 
Penguin

Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
Tryllearne wrote:

My uncle just told me this one last week!

The man is a little person. He can press the 1st floor button in the morning, but he cannot press the 18th floor button when he returns home. He can press the 14th floor button though. Because of this, he has to walk up to the 18th floor from the 14th floor in the evening.
He doesn’t have to do this on rainy days, because he can use his umbrella to press the 18th floor button.

=]

Heres one!

On the final day of a philosophy class, all the students came in and sat down. The Professor brought forth a single chair, placed it where everyone could see it, and backed away. "For your final exam," he said, "I want you to write an essay explaining to me why this chair does not exist. Begin."

All of the students took a moment to reflect upon the question and then began furiously scribbling their answers. Well, all except one. One student thought for a brief moment, wrote something quickly on his piece of paper, then handed it in to the professor. He then left the class room, leaving the other students to work for hours upon their answers. That one student was the only person to get an 'A' on his paper.

What did that student write for his essay?

"What chair?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:57 am 
Penguin

A man went into a bar. He asked the bartender for a glass of water. The bartender pulled out a shotgun and pointed it to the man's face. The man said "thank you" and went back out...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:59 am 
born to perform.

Tryllearne wrote:
A man went into a bar. He asked the bartender for a glass of water. The bartender pulled out a shotgun and pointed it to the man's face. The man said "thank you" and went back out...

He had the hiccups

I love riddles =]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:41 pm 
Penguin

your go...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111  Next