View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:30 pm 
Penguin

MadNuke wrote:
therealsuperman13 wrote:
actually MCR is back and better than ever with their new CD The Black Parade!!

You're argueing for us.

Haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:32 pm 
born to perform.

Edit lol :arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:56 pm 
born to perform.

It bugs me when people have to inform others that they liked bands before they became popular. It also bugs me when people get into a band, and others are like "you only like them cuz of that one song!" The truth is, those people heard one song by that band once, too. That song was enough to make them find more songs about the band, then they buy the cd. Why is getting interested in a band because of a song so bad? I'm into any music that pumps you up. I like MCR, AFI, blink 182, brand new, CKY, turbonegro, Atreyu, Sum 41, the offspring, and many, many others. I also like rap sometimes. Some of the bands are popular, some arent, and some are emo. Regardless, it's the music they play that matters.

P.S. The Black Parade is freakin awesome. buy the cd. the best track on there is.........................DEAD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:17 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of Cool People Clique-now accepting applications
jamesjay1 wrote:
AC/DC
Ozzy Osbourne (pre- The Osbournes)
KISS
Quiet Riot
Judas Priest
Motorhead
Deep Purple

Are there any other bands?

Pink Floyd
Led Zepplin
Queen
Stevie Wonder
Van Halen
Hendrix
The Who
Lynard Skynard
Guns N Roses
Eric Clapton
Aerosmith
Steppenwolf
The Doors

And I know I am missing more.

ROCK ON!

-Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:17 pm 
born to perform.

Because I'm a snobby music bragger person thing, here's a picture of a piece of my collection. This is about 1/2, probably a bit less. Last picture shows that purple thing. That's holding ~100 CDs that don't have cases due to me being lazy and losing them. Also has a few of my concert tickets taped to the wall. Enjoy :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:20 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Vice President of the cannot join unless you are Serbian club!
In the second picture what s that dancing orange doing there? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:32 pm 
Penguin

kraynik wrote:
It bugs me when people have to inform others that they liked bands before they became popular. The truth is, those people heard one song by that band once, too. That song was enough to make them find more songs about the band, then they buy the cd.

Yea, so bands that I saw in concert and heard a bunch of songs from at once don't fall into that. And my qualm with MCR and other bands like that are they sold out. When a band sells out, they change their sound to please a larger, different demographic. So I don't like MCR's music, nor do I respect them as musicians. When I first saw them was 3 years ago and they were a screamo band; very loud, very aggressive. Now, they have much softer vocals and music. ERGO, they sold out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:57 pm 
born to perform.

scl95 wrote:
In the second picture what s that dancing orange doing there? :lol:

Heh, to make a long story short, it was a collaborative project between me and a group of friends a long time ago. I post alot of 'old' things I find around my house on my walls as memories :P

And it's a tomato, by the way ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:05 pm 
born to perform.

Since Fatal posted a picture of his music collection, I shall post a picture of mine.

Granted, you can't see much, seeing that all of the cases are closed. But you get the idea.

Post subject: Re: Penguin's Offical Music Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:11 pm 
Penguin

therealsuperman13 wrote:
this thread is for anything that has to do with music, such as reviews on cds, upcoming concerts, music video links, etc.

so I recently got the new Rise Against CD. the album is called the sufferer and the witness. it is great!! very cool music. I give in a 9.2/10. I am actually listening to it now.

holy CRAP thats crazy i havnt been on the forum for a while so this past 2 weeks ive been only listenin to rise agaisnt and i see the thread and im like, oh ill post some stuff about rise against and i open it and yours is on rise against. haha nice RISE AGAINST ROCKS
peace out
:arrow: ZaCk oF cLuBs

Post subject: Re: Penguin's Offical Music Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:57 pm 
born to perform.

Tutorals wrote:
therealsuperman13 wrote:
this thread is for anything that has to do with music, such as reviews on cds, upcoming concerts, music video links, etc.

so I recently got the new Rise Against CD. the album is called the sufferer and the witness. it is great!! very cool music. I give in a 9.2/10. I am actually listening to it now.

holy CRAP thats crazy I havnt been on the forum for a while so this past 2 weeks ive been only listenin to rise agaisnt and I see the thread and im like, oh ill post some stuff about rise against and I open it and yours is on rise against. haha nice RISE AGAINST ROCKS
peace out
:arrow: ZaCk oF cLuBs

yes Rise Against is great!! for everyone that likes rock look them up!!! now!! you will be impressed. and if you are not, screw you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:05 pm 
born to perform.

Has anyone heard of the band Reel Big Fish?? I've been listening to them for about 4 years, and i'm a big fan of theirs. They are a ska band, which is basically happy punk with trumpets :lol:

Here are some of their music videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ4S-UiNmzo- Cover of "Take on Me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyg_Yqmj1TY- Their first video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUlr3Vwvy04- More punk than ska.

The reason i'm posting this is that i've loved them for such a long time but i've had no one to talk to about them. I've never chatted with another RBF fan other than my sister and her fiance. Next time they come to pittsburgh with an all-ages show i'll be there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:57 pm 
Penguin

kraynik wrote:
Has anyone heard of the band Reel Big Fish?? I've been listening to them for about 4 years, and I'm a big fan of theirs. They are a ska band, which is basically happy punk with trumpets :lol:

Here are some of their music videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ4S-UiNmzo- Cover of "Take on Me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyg_Yqmj1TY- Their first video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUlr3Vwvy04- More punk than ska.

The reason I'm posting this is that I've loved them for such a long time but I've had no one to talk to about them. I've never chatted with another RBF fan other than my sister and her fiance. Next time they come to pittsburgh with an all-ages show I'll be there!

Woah, there aren't really any fans of RBF around you? I've been a fan of them since ummm 2001ish? They're amazing. Also, if you can find it, check out Edna's Goldfish. They were a great ska band from long island.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:52 pm 
Penguin

here are some oldies i like:

ELO

and

Billy Joel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:50 pm 
Penguin

i just got the new MCR cd. and it rocks!!! truly one of their best!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next